Headphone volume and override VCI 300 internal card/??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Headphone volume and override VCI 300 internal card/??

Can VCIs internal card be overided by an external one??...Additionally the headphone output is too low for club use,,,,is there a way of increasing the volume without a headphone amp>>?? (Itches headphone volume is also set all the way)

Tnx
    Last edited by NikGr; 08-09-2009 at 12:47 PM.

get better headphones ;]
    with lots of mid range
    mine vci 300 has enought volume in headphones
    f0tif0

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by f0tif0 View Post
    get better headphones ;]
    with lots of mid range
    mine vci 300 has enought volume in headphones
    i might as well go with the HDJ 2000....i currently own HDJ 1000....Pioneers,,,,Ok the thing is that if u use a descent monitor in a club..that kind of volume isnt enough,,,My VCI works flawlesly..what i am discussing here is to improve its factorys specs ,,,, so please advice only for the controller it self,, and not my peripherals,,,,, I also have the inmpression the soundcard is a bit weak,,,thats why i was thinking of routing a ext one,,,any ideas??

Its still a rock solid controller! dont get me wrong,,....anybody pls suggest,,,sound card and headphone options,,,

dont know how come you dont like the sound card it offers
    "week"
    I think works perfectly fine
    and xone headphones have really good mid range
    besides since 1.05 upgrade where in set up u can adjust headphone volume plus mix volume i haven't had any troubles with hearing myself in headphones and blasting it in the club
    f0tif0

Tech Convert

I use the latest version and overdrived it as well.....but overdriving more than half the software knob is distorting,,,,that thing is lucking punch...doesnt need to be overdriven!..As for the monitors where i work its pretty bad...they are QSCs 1500Euro monitors each loud as should(Hell)..and working them at -10db...i can hear but not comfy as should.....

Aditiionally if you compare the volume of that sound card either with a CDJ400 or 1000 on a mixer,,,its also pretty Weak,,,Talking about any modes...CD HID etc...To the Vestax you have to put the knobs quite hight to get some sound and that compromises sound quality....anyway i need somebody to let me know if routing sound to an ext soundcard is possiible with the VCI300...so that maybe i can give it some punch...not loud enough for me without compromiising quality...
    Last edited by NikGr; 08-11-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Tech Convert

Or even better...did anyone managed that??

I have a feeling it depends on the software that your using. I cant see why routing to an external sound card cant be achieved with the likes of traktor or even ableton live. I have never had the opportunity to use ITCH for more than a handful of minutes, so I cant answer that end of it.

Default Re: Headphone volume and override VCI 300 internal card/??

Its possible with traktor, but impossible with itch to use another soundcard.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    Its possible with traktor, but impossible with itch to use another soundcard.
    ^^^ hes right

Personally after using an Personus Firebox and an Echo Audiofire4 soundcard the VCI-300's internal soundcard leaves me feeling pretty cold. Id recommend anyone using the VCI-300 with Traktor to go out and buy a decent soundcard - the difference is very much audible even on a cheaper home system.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    ^^^ hes right

Personally after using an Personus Firebox and an Echo Audiofire4 soundcard the VCI-300's internal soundcard leaves me feeling pretty cold. Id recommend anyone using the VCI-300 with Traktor to go out and buy a decent soundcard - the difference is very much audible even on a cheaper home system.

Man you r so right ,,,I know,,,I love the controller...I love ITCHes responsiveness,,,but hate that Freaking SoundCard!What were they thinkin!!..its a 800$ controller!!...anyways..am still waiting the official DJTT mapping for Traktor and will give it a shot before i go and buy another sound card,,,couldnt get a complete TSI file to test proprly,,,Tnx for the everybody...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast