VCI 300 Play Cue Buttons
    Tech Convert

Default VCI 300 Play Cue Buttons

Wondering if anybody had any prob with play/cue buttons on the vci 300,,,,they do feel a bit soft and cheap in comparison with the rest of the unit..Has anybody improved them in any way?

On the otherside does anybody know if there is a reason for how soft-squishy they are...they feel like mounted on very soft spring or something that will die in time after some usage...any info will be aprecciated

Thanks,,,,,,
    Last edited by NikGr; 08-09-2009 at 04:33 PM.

i like those soft pads, i wish cue point knobs could be as big as play and cue
    f0tif0

Tech Convert

yeah well now that i used it a bit more..not a big deal,,,they r not that bad..i guess i was too addicted to CDJ feel!...Yeah Cue play i think should be on/off...unlike the transfr way they work..not a big deal also though

Its still a F***G amazing controller!!!...worths every penny!
    Last edited by NikGr; 08-11-2009 at 08:02 AM.

They are NOTHING like arcade buttons, thats all i can say lol - I am tempted to mod the unit Vestax sent out to me to be totally honest lol >=)

Maybe highjack the little pitch up and down buttons and use them for another 2 transport buttons for each deck so the transport section is much closer to the VCI-100

if you do be sure to make the mod available through your store - if you could still use itch with a modded arcade vci-300 i'd for sure have you guys mod my controller! (still jealous about all that nicely modded vci-100s )

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

I am not so sure it would work though, there is alot going on on the front of the VCI-300 which would make that mod very difficult/impossible to pull off

you don't think replacing the two transport buttons with 4 arcades and wiring two of them to the pitch-shift buttons would work? because of the cabling inside the unit or because of the space? because it seems to me that there would be enough space for the arcade buttons instead of the two transport buttons...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    you don't think replacing the two transport buttons with 4 arcades and wiring two of them to the pitch-shift buttons would work? because of the cabling inside the unit or because of the space? because it seems to me that there would be enough space for the arcade buttons instead of the two transport buttons...
    Space concerns, you might be able to get 2 arcade buttons per deck but i doubt 4 transport buttons per deck would fit, theres too many jacks and controls on the very front of the unit that would have circuit boards that are taking up room.

too bad! i'd love to see an arcade mod of that unit - the only thing i'd love to see more would be an arcade mod of an apc-40