Kontrol z2 help for a turntablist

Default Kontrol z2 help for a turntablist

ok, so heres my question ive been hearing that the kontrol z2 is really good mixer for turntablists but that the channel faders are very sticky (slightly slugish) and that u could switch them to inno fader pros,
    I wanted to know whether or not i should purchase the z2 and switch the channel faders and the crossfader to the inno fader pro

Please let me know asap i really wanna get a new mixer.

Well depends on your needs. on the native instruments forum their are so many bugs with crossfader lag / paint wares off in 1 week / etc..
    Tell us what do you need in a mixer? For me next month i'm going to probably get the djm 909 + x1. the 909 has the best crossfader and fader option, but then very little control over the software. That's the price i pay for being a turntablist.

i use it for turntablism but im also a edm dj prodominantly deep house and soulful but i would deff like a mixer can integrate well with traktor without a big problem i also use the rane 68 for serato thats what im currently using with traktor with the audio a10 but doesnt work well with traktor as its built for serato unless you know better ways to get around this issue

I prefer the fader on the z2 to the fader on my 707 (same fader as the 909). No bugs with my z2 fader but the paint did wear.

Anyhow... To the op I would say get the mixer see how you feel about the stiff faders and upgrade them if you think it's necessary... I don't scratch with my up faders much so I don't care if they're stiff, it may matter to you though.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    Well depends on your needs. on the native instruments forum their are so many bugs with crossfader lag / paint wares off in 1 week / etc..
    Tell us what do you need in a mixer? For me next month i'm going to probably get the djm 909 + x1. the 909 has the best crossfader and fader option, but then very little control over the software. That's the price i pay for being a turntablist.

I love the crossfader on the Z2. The channel faders aren't quite so free, but I don't use them as often as most of the other features. I have no lag, though my paint does wear. I noticed the most wear when I let someone else (a great turntablist, actually) cut with it. Who cares about the crossfader paint, though? You'll just use it one the sharpest setting, I imagine.