How many of you guys like Hardstyle and other asssociated Genres ?
    Tech Mentor

Default How many of you guys like Hardstyle and other asssociated Genres ?

Always wondered is there many followers of this music on here.

I love Hardstyle

But find mixing it is hard with alot of songs.

I usually like to set loops at intros and outros and straight drop into the "chorus"

What are your techniques ?

the full versions of hardstyle tracks are often set up with loads of long intros! i used to be into hardstyle and hardcore, I sort of grew out of it though, it's really music for a rave, not in the house for me!

I used to be very much into handsup music which is kind of lighter mainstream hardstyle. But like Pete I either feel to be a bit grown out of it. Handsup tracks tend to have two to four 32bars drum (maybe already base) intros and then start with a drop build up and reach the chorus. I usually used to smoothly bring in the track during the drum intro and then had it in when the drop started. Another option is to do the transition during the instrumental chorus part.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Someone said it best......great rave / festival music.....great way to clear out a dance floor during primetime at clubs.....

i play a tiny bit of hiphop and trap in my sets, usually mixed with some grime instrumentals and stuff, I have a bootleg I made of Luna & Deepack-Biological Insanity (my favorite hardstyle track ever) with Deaf by Flosstradamus that I occasionally play, works well with some Rustie or TNGHT stuff!