F1 Remix Deck Experiment - totally ripping off Burial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default F1 Remix Deck Experiment - totally ripping off Burial

I was reading through the whole Skrillex/Burial discussion a few days back and it it occurred to me that I never had never listened to Burial. I was also just getting my feet wet with the F1 so, after listening to Archangel and falling in love with the beat pattern, I put this little tune/mashup/thing together:

http://soundcloud.com/smittten/benachi-5

I am now head over heals in love with F1 and plan on getting 1, 2 or maybe 3 more.

Anyway, it's a really simple set of sounds including some YouTube clips. If anyone wants the remix set I'll stick it up in Dropbox.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Sounds like a Maschine would be right up your ally
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

How are you finding the F1? As well starting to make tunes on maschine, i found you can drop loops and samples straight from maschine to the remix decks, and was thinking of getting an F1 for the remix decks, as the MF3D i have i like to have as an effects unit.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

I actually have maschine too and love it. The problem is time. What i love about the f1 and remix decks is that I can put things together without getting drawn into a long project. I also look at it as more fun way to mix rather than a gateway into production (if that makes sense). I do however intend pulling maschine in when I have a little more time. For instance, just playing Massive as an instrument would be a lot of fun!

I really like how portable the F1. Yes, it's expensive for what it is but the workflow is so damn quick. I know ppl will
    Reference ableton for stuff like this but I have used ableton in a number of different environments and its not my thing right now.

oh im definitively a traktor junkie, as well loving the way NI stuff can all go together nice and cleanly. It might well be expensive, but the intergration is smooth (still waiting for a maschine and traktor coupling though. Sexy noise babies to be had when that happens) and i havent had a hiccup out of my kit yet. I might have to mark an F1 down as a next purchase.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Pro tip: don't use a longer USB cable with the F1. I was having crash after crash and initially blamed windows 8. Not windows 8, rather an idiot with a 10' cable. As soon as I went back to a standard length USB cable I was all good.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    How are you finding the F1? As well starting to make tunes on maschine, i found you can drop loops and samples straight from maschine to the remix decks, and was thinking of getting an F1 for the remix decks, as the MF3D i have i like to have as an effects unit.
    I have been doing quite a bit of this. No way I'm taking the Maschine out live (yet) - the F1 is the next best thing. You can also send it all to a live deck, use loop recorder with whatever concoction you dream up in Traktor and then assign that loop to the remix deck slot. Check out Mad Zachs tutorial on this. He also has mapped the MF with some commands to make this rather quick. Kind of like "remix deck prep."

I wouldn't necessarily call this a rip on Burial, but just some decent Future Garage. There is a whole genre of this stuff, you know
    By the way, I like it.....would make for a fun intro.

I'd appreciate the Set if you are sharing it........I like the tone of that girl's voice in the sample.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Tech Guru

Is it expensive? I think less than £200 for a controller that has HID and MIDI messaging and the F1 form is great. It's designed for a very specific function, something that in reality is completely new and never done before (It's not Ableton. It has a similar approach, but it is nothing like Ableton). Can you imagine if the first CDJ was £200?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast