Tips on creating a maschine performance, I need to get good fast.

Default Tips on creating a maschine performance, I need to get good fast.

So a few weeks ago, before the suposed apocalypse even, I got myself a Maschine Mk. 2.
    I even got a free LPK 52. And I also have massive for free now.

But I've been so busy with christmas parties, my birthday, maintaining a bit of my social life and a ton of schoolwork that I haven't even gotten around to producing a full song. I only messed around with it a bit.

I bought maschine for production but now some people I know are organizing a talent show with a prize and judges and everything. They already asked me to DJ at the event together with some other guy and I said yes.
    But the thing is they are pretty short on contestants for the talent show and might have to cancel it and they were starting to feel bad and they are nice people and they 'd really appreciate if I also did like a 3-5 minute maschine routine. The other contestants are mostly singers or people who play a traditional instrument.

This is were the technical part of the question comes in:

Almost complete Maschine noob, need to pull off a 3-5 minute routine on stage.
    Was hoping I could do it ableton style by triggering clips mostly, adding effects on the fly here and there and some low risk finger drumming such as an off beat snare or high hats or some stuff like that.

How would you handle this ?

Tech Guru

Straight off the bat, I'd find a really famous movie quote, for this example we'll use Star Wars, the bit in Empire Strikes Back when Vader and Luke are duelling, you want to get a good long sample. Then when it approaches the end, where he goes "No. I am your father" You want to do some sort of drop (Just echo freeze it out) and then bring in some PHAT trap/ghetto beats and start chopping up the "No. I am your father" sample. That will easily take you two minutes before people will start thinking "Okay but what else can he do".

Oh yeah and practice, practice, practice.

I have an other idea.
    A song I used to really like ( ) has a remix competition, the competition has already ended but I still have the stems (http://www.mediafire.com/?3xq2j9ezaxzfmb4)
    The drum track, bass track, sub track,... are all in there as seperate .wavs as well as all the samples and kits. So I can play the entire drum track and use that ase a metronome (my timing is meh at best) and just play stuff over that and reverb & delay some stuff.

Let's hope this works out.

EDIT: lol something went wrong there

Tech Wizard

I'm curious how to get in on that 'free Massive' you got for yourself... shit cost me like $200

^Buy maschine. Register software. Wait 24-48 hours. Massive serial in the mail.
    Might only work when buying the Mk.2 tho.

They gave free Massive serials to all Maschine users with the 1.8 update.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

I got an email link with a register code for Massive after getting my Mk2
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.