Video: Xone DB4 send return hack with RMX-1000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Video: Xone DB4 send return hack with RMX-1000

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Cleans up desk, starts video tutorials.... Good stuff FEP!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Hehe pretty much! First time I've ever done anything like that, but if there's anything else people want me to demo just ask.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Good video, but surely losing the rec out isn't too appealing?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Depends if you use it or not, my amp has a separate record output as well. You can also use the booth out.

Yeah true. I still think it's a major slip of A&H to not have send/returns, even if the on board effects are very good. Good on you for finding a way around it too.

Oh yeah, forgot to say... Do you lose cuing abilities too? As you're using them to assign the send/return channel, right?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Yeah true. I still think it's a major slip of A&H to not have send/returns, even if the on board effects are very good.
    Agreed, but I still wouldn't trade this mixer for anything.

Good on you for finding a way around it too.
    Actually it was kevz718 who gave me the idea. I'm doing it a slightly different way round from him, but he deserves the credit for the workaround!

Oh yeah, forgot to say... Do you lose cuing abilities too? As you're using them to assign the send/return channel, right?
    Yes and no. It just means you can't cue whilst using send return, you can cue up the next track then use the SR.

Nice man! I really like the idea of using the crossfader. Now just to save up some scrilla for a DB4...

are you still using the RMX with the Db4 , I have Db4 as well and have been seriously looking at the RMX 1000 on youtube . I don't use a lot of the effects on the Db4 only delays and the reverbs so this looks very interesting.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Necrobumping this thread because I'm seriously considering adding a RMX-1000 to my setup. Do you also lose the crossfader with this workaround as it seems?

More importantly, is there a way to use the RMX-1000 through USB to modify the sound digitally before it gets to the DB4 (assuming you're running Traktor or Ableton) so that you can avoid this entirely? I'm imagining using soundflower or whatever with Traktor's 4 decks, being able to modify the sound of individual decks via the RMX-1000 and still sending 4 separate channels to the DB4. But a quick scan of the manual doesn't seem to suggest any way of doing this (it seems USB is only for setup).

Alternatively, could the sound card of a K2 attached to the DB4 be aggregated with the DB4 so that the K2 could be used to connect to the RMX-1000 without losing your crossfader or REC out?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast