Xone 92 Send/returns and maschine - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Johnny I don't have access to a powerful system , what's your opinion the db4 is better than the 92. ??
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Johnny I don't have access to a powerful system , what's your opinion the db4 is better than the 92. ??
    Two completely different mixers that in my opinion should never be compared side by side.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Two completely different mixers that in my opinion should never be compared side by side.
    +1

only thing you can compare is probably the sound-quality, and since they are both top-tier club-mixers they both have an excellent sound.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

That's what I thought myself 2 different mixers altogether , really like the 92 if I can workout how to get the aux send/ returns working through abelton I will give it a mix tonight . I have a audio 10 with channel 9/10 free do I route the aux and return through that channel or is there another way .
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    That's what I thought myself 2 different mixers altogether , really like the 92 if I can workout how to get the aux send/ returns working through abelton I will give it a mix tonight . I have a audio 10 with channel 9/10 free do I route the aux and return through that channel or is there another way .
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63919

Edit: sorry, just noticed you also posted in there. but that explains the easiest way to make it work.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II

I have tried it like that do I set the input and output device in ableton to audio 10 or do I need sound flower or jack osx to route audio from traktor . Must be missing something been trying for 2 days to get this working.

Tech Mentor

audio doesn't need to be routed from traktor as far as i know, just set the effect in and output in ableton to the corresponding soundcard in/output. (i didn't test it since i still don't use ableton since i cannot afford it right now).
    what i found out when connecting my maschine to the return channel is that you have to turn the "duck" switch on top of the fader to ON, and also make sure you have "return" selected as input on top of the channel.

Sorry for being a complete idiot with these question but I have set the audio 10 as the input output device and selected the 9/10 as the inputs for the aux and 9/10 for the output return , got the fader up , rtn selected still nothing when I turn the aux knob on , I take it the effect routing is selected on the audio from then ext in and then the ports.

Tech Mentor

got the "duck" switch on?
    i don't know how well you know ableton, but is the selected effect working when put on a track in ableton?
    maybe also try changing the aux from pre to post?
    are the cables working?
    i'm just making wild guesses here...

finally got it working had to much about with ableton settings , new to ableton so a bit of a learning curve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast