vci300 problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vci300 problems

Tech Mentor

Default vci300 problems

hi sorry this is my first midi controller and i can't seem to understand how to get it working. I'm running win7 64bt and i've installed all the drivers, itch software and everything but i can't seem to get it to do anything. I've beeen using traktor for years with a mouse and keyboard so jumped into the midi world. to be honest i dont understand where even to put these .tsi mappings to try and get it working in traktor pro. any help even just a nod in the correct direction would help me. I'm obviously doing it wrong i just dont know what i've done wrong, i've followed the manual and i'm pretty pc savvy so didn't expect such dificulties.

Is your computer even detecting your 300 as being plugged in? I had (and still do) have problems with my mac detecting my 300 so, I haven't even been able to use it.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the current drivers are supported by Windows 7 64 yet. I downloaded win7 64 so when I have time to do a dual-boot install, I'll try it out myself.

djbeetz try turning vci first and than loading itch
    if it doesnt work do all around itch first than vci
    f0tif0

Tech Mentor

sorry my girlfriend was omitted into hostiptal about 2 hours after my post so thats the reason for lack of repyly.

traktor pro in MIDI setup it shows 1 x vci 300 dj controller (emulated) both in inputs and outputs. The n57 usb audio device program says no driver version instaled and a status of no device and in itch i get the yellow triangle saying "harware disconected"

if i go into device manager i can see in sound, video and game controllers 2 additions "vci300" and "vci 300 dj controller"

Tech Mentor

ok i just tried mapping the X-fader in taktror and it worked. so my question now is how can i get the already mapped tsi to be recognized traktor? thanks
    Last edited by LeeZer; 08-11-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Tech Mentor

sorry i've now figured out how to import a tsi to traktor to get the midi controller working however with the 2 i've tried, yes they've "worked" but i wouldn't realy class it as working as the jog wheels held the track and did not track/scratch back and forth in the track and the pitch faders and benders didn't work. I've tried both "VCI_300_v1.1.tsi" and "sosik's_vci-300_0.2.2_beta.tsi". does anyone have any better tsi's or a decent guide in creating my own mapping in traktor pro. thanks
    Last edited by LeeZer; 08-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.

which traktor pro version are you using?
    since the pitch and the jogs don't work it seems to me like you are using an old version of traktor pro without mini.translator (search for it through the blog on the frontpage, it'll give you the mini.translator and a .bmte file and detailed instructions on how to use it).

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Mentor

i've downloaded the mini.translator but i can't download the vci300 preset. I click on the link but all i get is a red cross in a white box and nothing downloaded.

Tech Mentor

i've figured out if I right click on the vci300 preset link and click "save target as" i can get a file called "vci-300_2.bmp" i then can rename it to a .bmte and drag and drop it into mini.translator.

mini.translator now shows a preset of "vci-300_2" and an output of "mini.translator 2 virtual out" the blue light shows midi signal by the way.

i tried to load "sosik's_vci-300_0.2.2_beta.tsi" in TP but i now get red flashing at the bottom of TP saying "Warning: accessor information has unknown version, Therefore it has been ignored". I don't understand this as before TP would load the .tsi's no problem.

grrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast