My Bad Luck.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Bad Luck.

Tech Mentor

Default My Bad Luck.

My DJ name is Zer0 the Thief, "I steal the show" is written on my business cards.
    I live in Wilmington (voted the worst city to live in America)
    So last weekend I DJ'd at a rather large house party. Everything had seemed to go great! Crowd was awesome, got some contacts, got paid well and everything!
    Today is Thursday, and I have received a number of angry calls from the people who own the home accusing me of theft. They believe I stole the audio cables that were hooked to their surround sound, and various other small items in the room i was in. I have NO way to prove that i did not steal any of these items and now i'm looking pretty bad with these people telling everyone that I'm an actual thief.

So I am going to change my DJ name, as to avert some unwanted negative attention and avoid any similar situations.

But what can i do about this family accusing me of a crime i did not commit? I don't know where else to ask...

That sucks man. I will admit it's a bit funny that you're slogan reflects the irony of the situation.

As to solving the issue if they are being really hard headed about it I'd get a lawyer if you're word isn't enough to them...

Tech Guru

You have no way of proving it wasn't you. They have no way of proving it Was you.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

That sucks... but why the hell would they think you stole speaker cables? They think you can't afford a pair of RCAs or something? lol

Also, it was a house party. It sucks that stuff was stolen, but they're pretty stupid if they think the DJ who was busy spinning all night took them instead of some random drunk slob who didn't have shit to do but get frustrated chasing tail. Having thrown and DJed countless house parties, I would never assume the DJ to be the thief unless I had a very good reason to do so; it's just a terribly unlikely explanation given how busy they usually are throughout the night. And if they think you're a thief because you have thief in your name; really? What kind of idiot would WILLINGLY CALL HIMSELF A THIEF if he intended to steal something? It's jokes, really. Sorry for your troubles.

I mean it sounds like they are really really slow.. LOL

Or maybe you did steal stuff. And you are doing this as a cover up just in case you are going to be investigated by the police. If so then you are very smart for thinking one step ahead and trying to cover your tracks. And I am very sorry for blowing you cover, cheers
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Mentor

If all they're missing is RCA cables and nothing is broken, i'd say successful party.

Did you take the cables? you were probably drunk and don't remember that you unplugged them... I'd double check. If you did take them it's better that they say to their friends that you are honest as you finally realised you took the cables, you then went out of your way to apologise and returned them.

If you didn't steal them I'd suck it up and buy some more say your sorry it happened to them and it has taught you to protect the gear in the room better in the future. They sound like assholes who don't deserve it, but if you need to protect your reputation it's probably the best way to avoid anymore damage.

If they leave expensive/desirable items in the room prior to a party to show off it's their fault they got stolen. Most people invite randoms to their party to make it look like they have more "friends", but these "friends" are always more likely to raid the liquor cabinet, break stuff for sport and relieve you of anything they feel would look better at their home.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

either way this adds to your street cred. Learn to scratch and enter the DMCs. PZ

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    Or maybe you did steal stuff. And you are doing this as a cover up just in case you are going to be investigated by the police. If so then you are very smart for thinking one step ahead and trying to cover your tracks. And I am very sorry for blowing you cover, cheers
    lolz I didnt wanna be the one to say it ^_^
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast