DJ Pucuy - Pioneer Digital Winner ASIA - 2012
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJ Pucuy - Pioneer Digital Winner ASIA - 2012

Not sure if this has been posted here, but I did a search and found nothing!

This guy is pretty damn good AND Entertaining!
    He is playing Techno\Minimal.

Loving the Geek Nerd vibe!

LOL

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

yep he's from indonesia (WOOT WOOT Indo's represent!)

i really like the whole theatrical performance, he deserves to win most definitely!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Lots of hate in the comments tho!

WTF....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

yeah, someone posted this up somewhere, i remember seeing it here...it may have been in another thread though. i thought it was entertaining, done well, and i really liked everything except for the end bit. really cool overall!

i noticed a lot of comment hate too...not sure what's up with that.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

I liked what he did, but I didn't like the way he did it. Putting on such a fucking act, I can understand all the hatred.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Yeah tbh I'd much rather he just bang out the beatport top 100 whilst bobbing his head and Jesus posing at the drops

I posted it in the "routines" thread a couple weeks back. Still think the vid does deserve some attention and a thread was a good idea.

As far as the way he preforms it, I think it just a showcase of his personality, creativity and/or talent. Maybe it's over the top or corny for some, but it's called "showmanship" for a reason. Does Craze have to crossfade or pitchbend with is back? Deadmau5 wear a mouse head? Skrillex need a spaceship to perform in? no. Its all done to bring the crowd more into the performance. Now if the music or routine suffers from it, then maybe there is a problem. IMO, if you're asked to create a routine, that is to be performed, to a crowd, whats wrong with him being happy to do it his way.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

I just think the whole pretending to be a geek thinking it's cute thing is so corny.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

No hate from me.....

Have you guys even seen his talent on the CDJs? Good stuff there....

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    I just think the whole pretending to be a geek thinking it's cute thing is so corny.
    I understand that - it's better then him Jesus posing, fist pumping or miming in between the juicy bits. If he worked the tracks more it probably wouldn't of added any more then the acting did.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast