Turning off cdj at the wall instead of on the unit

Default Turning off cdj at the wall instead of on the unit

Hey guys,

Got a quick question that I hope someone here can answer, as I can't find anything online about it.

I've just got a swan coffin case to house my CDJ2000s, and my DJM900. Got it all setup the way i want it now, but there's one problem. I'm not able to turn the units off individually like I normally would.

I've got a 6 plug extension cable in the coffin and have everything plugged in there with a power lead coming out of the top of the coffin. You can kinda see what i mean in this photo -

http://instagram.com/p/UWqWEYtiCi/

When I'm finished mixing, and want to pack it all up I have been turning off the units by unplugging the power extension that Everything is plugged into. I have no access to the back of the decks/mixer and have no way to turn them off individually.

My question is : will this damage the units at all, or should i be taking off the top bit of my coffin and turning them off individually each and every time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

It should be fine mate as long as the cd's aren't playing or anything.
    All the switch does is break the circuit - which is the same as cutting the power.
    SC | MC

that's great news mate!
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    All the switch does is break the circuit - which is the same as cutting the power.
    I'm not sure that's strictly true, since the players stay on for a second or 2 after you press the switch. Not really sure why, may be a shut down procedure. On the other hand, I've had power cuts and accidentally unplugged them before and never had an issue. A club I used to play at occasionally had DVJ-1000s and they never used the proper power switches, the whole booth was just on a big ol' breaker in the back room. My coffin case is on its way from Germany and I'd like to know the official word on it from Pioneer myself.

I think the pioneer forum might be a better place to ask, but let us know what they say!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Yeah good idea. I have just made the same post on pioneer forums, ill post here when i get an official reply. Here's the link

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/...of-on-the-unit
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I'm not sure that's strictly true, since the players stay on for a second or 2 after you press the switch.
    I think that's probably just because the led's are such low power, it takes a second or two to discharge, a bit like when you unplug a tv that's on standby, the red light always takes a second or two.

I think the pioneer forum might be a better place to ask, but let us know what they say!
    But yeah I agree - get an answer from a mod there if possible (pretty sure the advice will be to use the switch though)
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

I'm not sure that's strictly true, since the players stay on for a second or 2 after you press the switch.
    I get the exact same delay when using the rear switch as when turning off at the wall socket, so it seems the rear switch is pre-transformer and has the same effect as simply cutting the power.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB