What type of MUSIC do you PLAY?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default what do u mix

man seems like there's more dj's mixing trance, house, techno .. than any other genre of music.. who mixes hip hop..

Not yet, but I have been meaning to look into it. (Oldskool that is.... It seems less and less newskool is getting my attention.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i'll mix anything that takes my fancy
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Tech Mentor

i love techno - tech-house - minimal
    dubstep is quite cool too

Breaks + Psy Trance are the main orders off the day here, with a side helping of anything and everything else!

Elektro and Tech House, Breaks, D&b, and a bit of everything else.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post
    man seems like there's more dj's mixing trance, house, techno .. than any other genre of music.. who mixes hip hop..
    Pop music; chick music specifically. No joke! Well, the whole act is a joke, but I take the Ableton part pretty seriously

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

While a lot of the music I spin has a lot of roots in techno I mainly spin:

Industrial, Powernoise, Breakbeat, EBM and Synthpop. Lately I've been incorporating house/techno (Zombie Nation, Freakquencer, and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head).

Hip-hop is a strange bedfellow for the scene I'm in. The old school crowd hates it, but a lot of the new stuff that's coming out (SMP, Stromkern, Rabbit Junk) has a lot of influence rooted in old skool hip-hop. For me, if a song has lyrics, it's hard for me to spin it if they suck. And, well, to me, modern day rap lyrics that I hear... well... suck.

I'll post up the link to my techno mashup with Party Like a Rockstar. The kids go nuts for that
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Personaly im trying to diversity my style at the moment. I curetnly just mix house and pop techo (David guetta, and all that shit that sounds like casada....not i dont actually play casada)

Im going to for a House/POP/Funk/Trance useing the POP and funk to bring in the audiane and then throw the house over the tracks to get people pumped up. From there you gota go chill again, so thats where i bring in the trance.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh, and I forgot. When I get pissed at the venue I spin at I'll play metal once in a while, and when I feel like it I'll play trip-hop if I think the crowd will dig it.

But nothing beats going from a straight ahead EBM track and then dropping a death metal song and seeing all these crazy hipster kids start slam dancing. There is very little as satisfying.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast