Kontrol S4... Would I be wasting my money....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kontrol S4... Would I be wasting my money....

If I bought one of these to hook up to my current setup of 2x CDJ1000s, RMX 1000 and Behringer mixer?

I want this piece of kit, as it looks sleek, and I have heard some good things.

However, I only want it to control Trakotr with, and don't want to move solely to using a controller.

Would this be a good way forward or should I consider other options?
    Last edited by ThinAir; 01-12-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

you have a rmx 1000 and to cdj 1000's

why would you want to use traktor with a s4???

save yourself alot of money and just pick up a x1 and traktor scratch if you have too

Upgrade your mixer instead.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post

why would you want to use traktor with a too
    I like to run Traktor as well as I like the flexibility having the extra decks gives me, and can't afford to buy another CD player, as there is other stuff I want...

my mixer is map-able to traktor, but I don't want to start Pi**ing about with it, as I really like it how it is, and know it inside out as I have had it for so long...I know it's not the greatest mixer, but its all I have

I just don't like having to mess about with my laptop whist mixing, and besides, a couple of the keys don't work!
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Guru

I believe you can use the X1 as an extra deck if you want and it can be used to control Traktor obviously too. Seems like the better option for your setup really.

No send/return for the RMX could only use it on the master. If you want Traktor integration but one of the Audio * cards or upgrade the mixer to a Pio 850/900 or ant other scratch certified mixer.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Yeah an X1 will give you direct control over 2 decks in Traktor - but you will need a soundcard.
    If you got Traktor scratch with the A10 it would be perfect.

Have you looked at the A&H K2 - has a soundcard built in.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by mwn11 View Post
    No send/return for the RMX could only use it on the master. If you want Traktor integration but one of the Audio * cards or upgrade the mixer to a Pio 850/900 or ant other scratch certified mixer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Upgrade your mixer instead.
    I think that this may be sound advice. New headphones and mixer I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Yeah an X1 will give you direct control over 2 decks in Traktor - but you will need a soundcard.
    If you got Traktor scratch with the A10 it would be perfect.

Have you looked at the A&H K2 - has a soundcard built in.
    I'm only running Traktor Pro, not scratch, so would I still need a sound card? It works fine ATM running straight from my laptop into channel1 of my mixer, and the X1 is plug and play, so where would the soundcard come into it?

Been looking at new mixers and my budget just won't stretch to something that I like/want so going to have hang fire on this until I've saved a lil!

If you got Traktor scratch you could use the timecode cd's in your cdj's (when needed) and use the X1 to control 2 more decks - the advantage there is that you have a channel each on the mixer, and use the analogue controls on the mixer.

If you only want to run 1 channel from your laptop then the DDM soundcard will be fine.
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast