Mobile DJ help! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile DJ help!

i'm a moble dj and i use an S4, i love it, but i still need 2 controllers to control decks C & D
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Why don't you just use the deck switch button?
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25 - MF SPECTRA

Tech Mentor

But, they are vastly different kinds of gear -that's my point, entirely. Lay hands on both, you'll come to the same conclusion. One's a midi joystick, the other works for a living. After 2 years and 60+ gigs, the 6k is faultless. Whereas after 2 months of the s4 the faders began creeping up and down on their own.

because, every time i want to press a button i have to check if it's on te right mode. And it's not like in your bed room where you can screw up everything you want, this is real so you'll have to check it at least 3 times it's so.... time consuming.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    ...And it's not like in your bed room where you can screw up everything you want, this is real so you'll have to check it at least 3 times it's so.... time consuming.
    But necessary, regardless of skill level. Good on you for recognizing, DJ.

What does good on you mean? (sorry for my lack of englisch )

and, to make myself a little bit more clear, i personally have to check it alot beacause to be honest everytime i pres a button i'm a little bit scarred it's on the wrong mode. This is caused by a mistake i made a long time ago because my switch deck buttons are not fully functional anymore. So i pressed the button, the deck didn't switched, pressed play and the music stopped. But..... fortunatly i'm always mixing atleast 3 decks so the music didn't really stopped but still, it could have been worse.

But to stay on topic, i would defenetly recommend you the S4. It has a good soundcard, smooth buttons, pots and faders. And here come's the best and final argument of an S4 owner The S4 is created by Native instruments and for Native Instruments (and ofcourse Ean Golden) so wo could make a better software for Traktor then the makers of Traktor it's self?

Just one last hint, don't use CD's as an mobile DJ. you'll have to carry +1000 CD's around an when people have an request you'll have to dive into that pile of CD's to find that one song they want, it's really a nightmare.

Being a Denon MC-6000 owner, I'm gonna chime in on this one.

First off, I can't comment on the S2/S4, as i've never used one.

From a mobile dj's perspective, the MC-6000 is absolutely fantastic, and i agree with everything HigherFi said.

4 external inputs (2 phono/line, 2 aux), amazing browsing section, control of 2 banks of 3 effects, nice smooth jogwheels (although i now use 2 x SC2900 for most of my track manipulation), but then i can still control decks 3 and 4 with the MC-6000 if I need to. The Mic section is amazing, the 3 band eq's on both mic channels are a godsend sometimes.

I keep an mp3 player permanently plugged into one of the inputs. Laptop crashes, hit play on mp3, instant sound. If the laptop is totally dead, I can still play music from my SC2900's with an attached hard drive with all of my music on.

I also have a spare mixer, and an NI audio 2 with me at all times so that if my MC-6000 dies totally I can pull my mp3 player from it, and plug it directly into my powered speakers to play music while i set up the other mixer (takes 2 minutes).

DJDoubleYou, I always bring CD's with me to a gig. Not my whole collection, but enough to get through a gig if i needed to. That way, if the Laptop AND the MC-6000 goes down, i can just switch to using CD's with the SC2900's. I would never use them as my first choice though! Way too much hassle to dig through (even though everything is categorised by genre).

If a speaker dies though, well i just hope i can get through a gig with just one of them!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Wanted to add that, the 6K has a booth out with matrix input selection and separate EQ, as well. This is fantastic for sending programming to a 2nd room. It will route any source you have (or the master out) through the booth send. You can also post the mic to this output as well (or not.) I use mine with a wireless guitar bug to send signal to a powered cabinet in a 2nd room. You can also run a cable from the laptop audio to an input on the 6K. This allows you to use iTunes as a backup or secondary source.

I recently discovered the beauty/flexibility of the booth out on NYE! they wanted a speaker ran to another room, with different music (chilled out Background music) at the beginning of the night, and then the same music from 11 onwards. Hooked up a second laptop running itunes to a spare input, ran out through the booth. If I needed to make announcements to just the room I was in, use mic normally, if both rooms, I could.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Hey Robdquick, I'm thinking we should start an MC-6000 thread, ha! I run iTunes line out from the same computer as Traktor, simultaneously, no issues. What's more, you can use your iDevice's "remote" app for iTunes when running the reception events. Allows you to be in the middle of things with the clinets, and launch the "event track" from the dance floor. Also works to set iTunes volume from the [booth out] room, so you don't have to guess at it. Nifty, eh?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast