Mobile DJ help! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mobile DJ help!

I hadn't ever thought of just running iTunes in the background! Not sure I would want to control it wirelessly though, have had a few problems in the past when having my wireless enabled. Plus, I don't own an iDevice! (Although I'm sure I could find an app for android that would do the same thing!)

I'm guessing you use your's with Traktor? Ever had any problems with the midi from the MC-6000 not working?? Specifically when near the end of the night, and I turn off one of my lights for example (I have an 8 way extension lead with switches that I plug all of my lights into)? The sound carries on fine, and I can control Traktor with the mouse, and as it's usually at the end of the night it's not too big a problem, just slightly annoying sometimes when you go to press play and move the crossfader and nothing happens!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I've experienced some anomalies, for instance, I sometimes have to "wake up" the unit right at startup by moving the channel faders. Didn't have this issue with TSP 2.3 and earlier. Now I just go through and give everything a twist at startup to prime the midi, or whatever. Sometimes the key lock/sync/pitch fader get quirky. Again, no issues until remix decks were introduced. I'm on a late-model, high-spec MBP. The app I use on iPod touch is the actual Apple "remote" app. Is the power save mode enabled on yours? I keep mine off. Might try plugging the 6K into the 1st plug in the lead nearest the cord.

I'm still using 2.1.2, as I've found this to be the most stable, and I had issues with importing my mapping that I've customised into 2.5 and above. Although now things are quiet, I might try the latest version (2.6?). Running an i7, 8GB Ram Asus laptop, less than a year old.

Not sure if I have power saver enabled, something I've never checked, but I would have thought if it had gone into power saver I would get no sound either!

I'll have to get some sort of midi sniffer prog, and when it happens again see if the midi is getting to the comp and just not being picked up in traktor or something.

I do usually plug it in to the first socket, but at a lot of the places I play at there is usually only 1 (or a twin) socket available, which mean's that the lights are also running off of the same socket. The one time I tried it with 2 totally separate sockets (1 for audio, 1 for lights) it also happened. Could be that the 2 sockets were linked though. At the end of the day its not a massive problem, it only generally happens at the end of the night (last couple of songs) so i can just use the mouse for them!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234