Mobile DJ help!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile DJ help!

Tech Wizard

Default Mobile DJ help!

Hey I'm just wondering what mobile djs use for there set up I.e software and controller. I DJ weddings mostly and I'm looking for a good and reliable controller/software.

Traktor S4/S2 + Traktor Pro ?

S2 is really portable. negative: you need a laptop (some say therefore it isn't so reliable)

Denon MC3000 is also one of the 'best' portable controllers, which can be used without laptop. and it's fully constructed out of metal - does not come with full software

tho it pretty much depends on you, you should try the 'compact' controllers.

Tech Mentor

like he said, Traktor S4/S2 is a good choice and comes with software.

If you want to use traktor and don't like the S2 or S4, the VCI 400 is also pretty cool.

Those are the 2 I would recommend for a wedding DJ. I know a guy who does weddings with an s2 and he likes it a lot and says it serves his purpose really well.

Like said above though, have a reliable laptop because that's where a lot of the stability lies.

Tech Wizard

Sounds good. But what do I do if the laptop crashes the s2 doesn't have support for a backup like an iPod or ipad?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ7Star View Post
    Sounds good. But what do I do if the laptop crashes the s2 doesn't have support for a backup like an iPod or ipad?
    someone already asked that on the internet ;p
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printv...356177&start=0

This one is also new on the market: CMD A4 studio from behringer (again not standalone you need a laptop)
    -pretty cheap too.

Tech Wizard

Sweet thanks bro!

Why not Numark Mixdeck or Mixdeck Express?

Tech Wizard

I would but I like digital, like with a laptop plus controller

Tech Wizard

Your sure seem Excited since you are asking in multiple forums but what are you using now? Why don't you like? What do you want different? That information would be useful to assist you. How many weddings have you done? How many have you booked this year so far? How many do you expect to book? What is your budget? What type of speakers and or amplifiers do you have?

Tech Wizard

Yes I posted in a couple to get a wide rang of response. I've done 10 weddings so far and have 5 booked so far for this coming wedding season, and 2 work parties and 2 batmitszfas. I currently use a laptop with a simple mixer and an ipad as backup. I also have two behringer 12 inch PA speakers. I really want a controller that's reliable and sounds good, and that I could also use if I decide to do a club. I need it to also come with good reliable software. It's just really hard to decide with all the options and opinions. I play mostly top 40, edm, and moombahton. And I love making mixtape a and mashups using samples.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast