Traktor Kontrol Z2 Cue Trigger

Default Traktor Kontrol Z2 Cue Trigger

Hi all!

I just picked up a Z2 and have been playing with Traktor for about 5 years now. I've installed everything with factory defaults so far and it's fabulous except for one very important detail. To trigger a cue point, why do I need to press AND HOLD the desired cue button to get the track going?

For example, to launch Cue #1 on Deck A shouldn't I just hit the '1' button and hear the track start without having to hold the button down? I'm sure this is a dead simple fix, but I don't know how to fix it or how to access the controller manager properly from within traktor under the Z2 pull down. When I open the controller manager and select the Z2, the assignment table is blank. Did I miss installing something perhaps?

Any help for this Z2 noob is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Clarkitech; 01-14-2013 at 12:22 AM.

that's how my cue points have always acted since i started using traktor just before 2.5 was released. if the track is stopped, the cue will only play while you hold the button down. if the track is playing then the you can hit a cue and it will keep playing from that cue point.

did yours used to behave differently? if so, it's probably something with the mapping. i believe you can modify it so the deck starts upon pressing a cue point, but unfortunately i'm not yet familiar with traktor mappings.

try this: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=19169

it's a bit old so i'm not sure if they've changed much in the way mapping works.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Thanks for pointing me in that direction...but no solution yet.

So, a little more detail on this problem:

Actually trying to change the 'CUE' to 'Cue/play (CUP)' on the 4 main cue buttons for each side. I can find the CUP in the "Add in' > 'Deck Common' but after that i still can figure out the exact Mapping details to pull this off. Am I looking in the right place?