Help to resolve low volume from Beatport and Juno wavs
    Tech Student

Default Help to resolve low volume from Beatport and Juno wavs

Hi

I hope someone can help me on this forum.

I use Traktor Pro 2 and am having issues with wavs that have been downloaded from Juno, Beatport and Soundcloud. When I drag them into Traktor and play them they are too quiet. I have changed the master gain in Traktor and change the gains on the the external mixer too. However in many cases the output is still too low. I don't want to increase the master gain on Traktor past -5 or -2.5db.

I am sceptical about using something like Platinum Notes as I would prefer to simply to increase the volume but leave everything else as the producer intended. But please correct me if you don't agree with this.

Unfortunately out of sample of 130 wavs around were too quiet. I have mp3 gain express for mac but am not sure what I could use for wavs. I have downloaded Audacity but have found it rather fiddly to use and I have to tick the 'allow clipping' box in order to save changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Turn off autogain, use gain yourself, ive never had problems with any of the tracks from BP, Juno, TX etc.

FYI, i rarely use traktor, but when i do the master stays at -1, it clips but ive only ever heard it audibly distort when ive boosted it to +5 or something.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Student

Hi

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I am using timecode on Technics turntables. I had already deselected the following: autogain, enable limiter and have no headroom. If I turn the master gain on Traktor to -2.5db then this is ok for most of the tunes I'm juts worried that it's going to clip too much and be a bit heavy on the system. I had read on here that I should keep the master gain on Traktor at minus 10 db.

Thanks
    G

Timecode is only to control the record, dosent have anything to do with the volume of the track, stay away from platinum notes, from what i hear it just 'normalises' tracks, which takes the dynamics out them.

guides are only for a help, only you can say that its too quiet or not, if its too quiet, turn something up, if its distorting, then something is turned up too far, if its distorting and its still quiet, you need a bigger system.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter