Rekordbox Keying Tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rekordbox Keying Tracks

Hey Guys,

Quick question for rekordbox users, I was wondering if there was anyway to change the way it labels the keys to like the way MIK does it? I don't own MIK and would rather not buy it since Rekordbox does the same thing, but having to look at my phone for the circle of 5ths and all that is no fun while mixing.

So please let me know if you know anyway of renaming those Key tags!

Thanks!

Anyoneeeeeeeee?

Afraid not. MIK own the rights to the Camelot system, so pioneer aren't allowed to use it. Currently even if you've tagged everything in MIK the keys don't show up as Camelot keys on CDJs that have key display, but that's something they're looking into. Due to the rights issue, the best you can hope for is that CDJs will display whatever's written in the key field rather than translating.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Ahh, I was hoping they'd just implement a way you can change it to whatever you like. So you can make A# = 5A yourself, without having Pioneer get in trouble for it or having any repercussions.

I'm sure theres a way to overwrite the tag through some basic coding, but lord knows I don't know how. So I just put MIK in the comments.

Had a similar issue, but just spent some time going through and clicking and editing the keys manually with the wheel as a reference. Can't find another way around it.
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
    Had a similar issue, but just spent some time going through and clicking and editing the keys manually with the wheel as a reference. Can't find another way around it.
    Ohh shit! That works! I didn't realize I could just double click on it and edit it. It's going to be a pain in the ass process, but i'm going to go through and do it for all my tracks as well. Way easier than having my phone open all the time and sit there looking at the Circle of 5ths etc while trying to mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    It's going to be a pain in the ass process, but i'm going to go through and do it for all my tracks as well.
    It is....massively...

The sooner they sort something out, the better, but as previously mentioned; it looks Pioneer are making efforts to sort this.

I trained as musician so know my way around the circle of fifths, but the camelot system is much easier, and I use this rather than the "regular" keys. You'll know it inside out by the time you have done it!
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Just keep in mind that if you're planning on using 2000 NXS, I imagine that the Traffic light key system won't work if you're changing everything to Camelot. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Mentor

Spend the $58 for MIK... worth the time you will save manually changing 100's or 1000's of tags.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast