Mic & Headphones not working on Traktor Kontrol S2.

Default Mic & Headphones not working on Traktor Kontrol S2.

I bought a Traktor Kontrol S2 the other day, last night was the first time using it.

The headphones were not working, neither was the mic.

Any reason why these things were not working??

It wasn't an issue with the actual headphones or mic themselves as i tested others.

The mic input wasn't even showing up on Traktor.

My setup was, Traktor Kontrol with RCA cables directly to amp, and amp to speakers... am i missing something?

Do i need a mixer? it thought the S2 was a mixer in its self.

Please help! It's driving me nuts!

Tech Guru

The S2 has no software Mic Input, it is routed directly to the physical Main Output.

What Output Routing settings do you have in Traktor? And does your S2 Main Output work ok?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The S2 has no software Mic Input, it is routed directly to the physical Main Output.

What Output Routing settings do you have in Traktor? And does your S2 Main Output work ok?
    I have the output routings - output master - L & R.

I noticed that when i put it into external, i had no sound in my right deck... but still no headphone cueing... or mic!

You want INTERNAL mixing - you're using the S2 to control traktor's internal mixer. Your headphones won't work unless you have the S2 selected as your audio device and route the MONITOR (headphone) output to outputs 3&4.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    You want INTERNAL mixing - you're using the S2 to control traktor's internal mixer. Your headphones won't work unless you have the S2 selected as your audio device and route the MONITOR (headphone) output to outputs 3&4.
    Yeah, that's worked a treat for the headphones, thanks very much for that!

Any help with getting that microphone working now?

As someone else pointed out, the mic input has nothing to do with software it's on the unit itself. Apart from that, I suggest you press mic engage on the front, turn up the mic gain then read the manual.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    As someone else pointed out, the mic input has nothing to do with software it's on the unit itself. Apart from that, I suggest you press mic engage on the front, turn up the mic gain then read the manual.
    Okay yeah, there must be a problem with the mic cable.

Thanks very much