Understanding Traktor 3 Cue Points...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Understanding Traktor 3 Cue Points...

I'm a little confused on the button assignments of cue points on the vci 100. I've been using Traktor LE, but plan to buy the full version very soon.

I understand how to set cue points in a song, but how do I trigger them? In Ean's videos with the modded vci-100 he's using the

[play/stop] [cue/play] [pause] [set cue]

as cue points.

3 questions:

1. Have these buttons assignments been modified in the .tks?

2. Would the DEFAULT .tks of the vci-100 be able to do this *right out the box

3. How would you go about setting up this template?

In my ideal way of mixing, I enjoy the default set up of the vci100, but every now and then I'd want to be able to go from plain mixing ...into controllerism just using cue points.

Sorry if my post isnt clear, I hope someone can help me out

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

We'll start with the questions

1) Yes, those button assignments were modified in the .tks. I don't have Ean's tks, as I have my own super complicated, way-too-long-for-its-own-good tks.

2) no, the default .tks cannot do this out of the box. You can download Ean's tks somewhere. Someone here can put a link up

3) You can set it yourself or you can get Ean's .tks. I would recommend using Ean's .tks and fine tuning from there.

The advantage of wanting to do a bit "more" with the VCI-100 is either using the MIDI pages or using Bome's and getting into really advanced MIDI work. I use pages still cause (According to Bento I'm stuck in the MIDI stone-age) it's clear cut and simple for me. I don't need to learn how to fucking program MIDI into Hexidecimal, AND I can do lots of fun stuff still. Getting to the point, though, where I'm going to need it.

You can set anything to trigger a cue point, though. You can set hotkeys, you can put the triggers on a different MIDI page, etc. etc.. I use a PadKontrol (actually, 2 PadKontrols) for MIDI triggers and beat jumping. And when I don't have those I use my keyboard.

Hope this helps
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I made a tks file that lets you do that and described it here:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607
    VCI-100
    Stanton T.90
    Behringer Eurorack UB1202
    Black MacBook with OSx 10.5.2

Quote Originally Posted by peterodactyl View Post
    I made a tks file that lets you do that and described it here:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607

AHHHH YESSSSSSSS! - this is exactly what I'm looking for! I'm going to load this new .tks tonight and play around with it. Thanks!

@Peterodactyl

in the link you posted, you mention...

Stealing the 3 pots from Master Level, Monitor Level, Monitor Select and translated them to controls for midi page swapping
    What happens to the master levels, monitor levels and monitor select assignments if you're replacing them with the midi page swapping action?

Canthe original 3 knobs can be configured in your sound card?

For example, I have the external Audio 1 Kontrol usb sound card. Would this affect me?

Default nd t

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    According to Bento I'm stuck in the MIDI stone-age) it's clear cut and simple for me. I don't need to learn how to fucking program MIDI into Hexidecimal, AND I can do lots of fun stuff still. Getting to the point, though, where I'm going to need it
    lol - Bomes presets are like mini traktor pages that only part of your devices changes and not the whole thing. the actual traktor tks programming is pretty easy using a single midi page. Deciding how the presets are going to switch om bomes around is a probably the hardest part if your doing your own custom mappings like this. My focus is on accessing more controls with a single hand by holding down a button to change what some nearby buttons are doing. Ive found with traktor pages that you right hand is usually waiting for your left finish what its doing before it can access the controls it needs which just totally blows Traktor pages for me. The method i take i agree is a bit of a pain in the arse and progress can be slow, however the time spent making things work like this is well worth the effort.

When I try to make those cue buttons work in traktor with a pc-keyboard it doesnt work. What I do is hotkey setup-> Jump cue list 1 applied on focus deck. This is weird because it should work, or can it only be done as a midi instead of a hotkey?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

you can easily do it as a hotkey. Try taking it off of focus and putting it on a deck, just to see.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hmm there was something wrong with my tks file, it works in a blank one

Quote Originally Posted by FrederiklaMode View Post
    When I try to make those cue buttons work in traktor with a pc-keyboard it doesnt work. What I do is hotkey setup-> Jump cue list 1 applied on focus deck. This is weird because it should work, or can it only be done as a midi instead of a hotkey?
    I'm having this problem too. Traktor isn't allowing the option to have a hotkey for each of your cue points. I've looked everywhere.

BTW- This is my first ever post here; this issue has frustrated me enough to find a good forum that has Traktor support. From what I have seen so far, you guys all totally rock.

I'm currently without any MIDI devices, so I live by my hotkeys, any help here would be awesome.
    Trump

Trance is:"By far the best form of music that exists. A recent study showed that if a population is divided into musical preference, those who claim a strong allegiance to trance have the highest average IQ. Trance is the music of the genius-generation."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast