Cant figure out how to record!!

Default Cant figure out how to record!!

Hello everyone,

I'm using an X1, 2 channel Mixer, and a 2 channel sound card to mix externally in traktor. Does anyone know what the preferences should be set to for me to record? I been trying to figure it out the past couple of days but i havent had that much luck.

Thanks,

Mike D

-Download Audacity
    -Connect the rec- or master-out of the mixer with your mic input from your computer
    -Open audacity and adjust the preferences right

Enjoy
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

1 - Go to your preferences in Traktor
    2 - Go under the mix recorder section
    3 - I believe you need to set your source as external (but try internal) and set your split file size to 2048MB
    4 - In the preferences , go to Global Settings
    5- Select the show global section
    6 - Right underneath that there is something that says "left" and select effect 1 and under "right" select "recorder"
    7 - Close your preferences and the record button will be in the top right section of your screen
    8 - To choose where you want the mix to save , go under your mix recorder section in the preferences and select the final destination!

Hope that helps !
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Guru

If you are mixing externally with a two channel sound card without any inputs, you will not be able to use Traktor's built-in mix recorder.

Do what VincentCools suggested, making sure you disable any microphone "boosts" or preamps. Ideally use the Line In socket if you have one.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

connect the master out of your mixer to an input on your soundcard. Use audacity (as stated above) or any other recording software.

op, what soundcard do you have?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music