Can anyone suggest a pair of loud headphones?

Default Can anyone suggest a pair of loud headphones?

Right!

I do a lot of rave events and require lightweight loud headphones that can keep up to the levels of my top cabinets at various venues, outdoors and so forth. I do not require a lot (if any) bass since I've always mixed on tops not bass.

The most important factors are:

Open ear (I don't want headphones that cover my ears to the point they will perspire)

Lightweight (They must be able to come off instantly using one hand time to time throughout the events)

Loud (I would estimate my tops have no less than 12,000 watts their disposal so the headphones must be very loud)

Tech Mentor

Sennheiser HD25 are light and don't cover up your whole ears. I cannot say anything about the loudness compared to others but since they are used by top djs that play huge venues i think they will fit your needs!
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    Sennheiser HD25 are light and don't cover up your whole ears. I cannot say anything about the loudness compared to others but since they are used by top djs that play huge venues i think they will fit your needs!
    Unfortunately, they are closed back & I require Open Ear.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Abercrombie View Post

Open ear (I don't want headphones that cover my ears to the point they will perspire)

Tech Student

Have you ever tried mixing with IEMs? They could be an option for you, because of good isolation.

Tech Mentor

Ok i don't get what open ear means...
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

check V Moda LPs

Tech Guru

Open/closed back headphones don't really affect how sweaty your ears get, that's more dependant on the material of the ear pads.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    Ok i don't get what open ear means...
    It does not isolate the background noise. Since I mix using tops, I don't want to lose the high frequency background noise, which is typical, using closed back headphones. I believe what I am looking for is called open back headphones these days.

Open back headphones are generally lightweight, don't clamp on your ears (which makes your ears perspire due to lack of ventilation) like earmuffs and, allows you to hear your surroundings while listening to music. Thats how they were 25 years ago..

This is an example of what I am referring to…

http://www.koss.com/en/products/head..._Ear_Headphone

Cheers!