Questions with higher end CDJs, Rekordbox, and looping...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Questions with higher end CDJs, Rekordbox, and looping...

Two questions. First one: I have CDJ 350s and looping can be tricky; gotta have good timing. With higher end models (850s and up), is the looping a bit easier? By easier I mean do the CDJs act more accurately in terms of the looping feature, maybe compensating for a slighty off beat loop. Second question: How does the looping system work via Rekordbox? I know you can save loops on songs in the Rekordbox software, but how does that translate when playing a track in a set? I hope I'm making sense. Thanks!
    Last edited by bassgoesmeow; 01-14-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    Two questions. First one: I have CDJ 350s and looping can be tricky; gotta have good timing. With higher end models (850s and up), is the looping a bit easier? By easier I mean do the CDJs act more accurately in terms of the looping feature, maybe compensating for a slighty off beat loop. Second question: How does the looping system work via Rekordbox? I know you can save loops on songs in the Rekordbox software, but how does that translate when playing a track in a set? I hope I'm making sense. Thanks!
    On the CDJ1000MK3, making loops can still be tricky, and timing is key. The 2000Nexus has a quantize loop feature, which will make a "perfect" loop...

If you create loops in Rekordbox, and set hot cues in here and are using the proDJ link then these become available on the player itsself, just press the hotcues/loops buttons to load them.
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
    On the CDJ1000MK3, making loops can still be tricky, and timing is key. The 2000Nexus has a quantize loop feature, which will make a "perfect" loop...

If you create loops in Rekordbox, and set hot cues in here and are using the proDJ link then these become available on the player itsself, just press the hotcues/loops buttons to load them.
    I appreciate the response. I'll mess around with Rekordbox when I get home and try and figure out this looping thang.

CDJ 850 do NOT have quantized loop function. 900, 2000, and 2000 Nexus do once you analyze with rekord box. Even then you may need to fix beat grids to allow this to work 100%. Although most of the time the grid are correct.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    CDJ 850 do NOT have quantized loop function. 900, 2000, and 2000 Nexus do once you analyze with rekord box. Even then you may need to fix beat grids to allow this to work 100%. Although most of the time the grid are correct.
    So if I upgraded from 350s to 850s, what would be the benefit aside from platter size? Is it worth it?

850 is Midi/HID, has a waveform display and also cue point memory.

The bigger jog wheel is a nice thing to have but I'd probably try and save some more and try and get some 900s....
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Banned

The bigger jog wheel is a nice thing to have but I'd probably try and save some more and try and get some 900s....
    My birthday is next month, so probably 3 years from then I should have enough for the 900s. lol...

You can however use save loops in rekord box to recall them. But you can't do it on the fly.

whoop looks like thin air already caught that.

Banned

850s have waveform display? You sure?

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    850s have waveform display? You sure?
    Yes, and it's useless.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast