DIY Mobile DJ booth??
    Tech Guru

Default DIY Mobile DJ booth??

Just wondering if any of you have made your own mobile DJ booths?

I'm pretty sure my set up used 7 lives yesterday. I DJ'd a staff party in pretty tight quarters with the dance floor right up against my standard folding plastic table.

Almost lost my a laptop a couple times and was most concerned with something bumping against it hard enough that either the laptop would slide off or the table would just collapse. I'm looking for something that would protect my gear better and that I can trust will stay standing. Just wondering what anyone has done for their own mobile setups

Here's what I use. http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...Keyboard+stand
    I usually turn it 45 or 90 degrees from facing straight ahead so audience can see some of what I'm doing and the laptop doesn't block me from the audience.

Getting or making a fold out wood frame Lycra booth to wrap around your table may help as they are higher up and people see them easier.

What kind of set up do you have?
    Last edited by VanGogo; 01-14-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Tech Guru

Hey Vangogo my setups bigger then yours. I use techs and a Z2. But that's a sweet stand on your part and like you said it's cheaper then a crane laptop stand

Check out my boy SPLURT's mobile/portable setup!

TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Quote Originally Posted by fokaisnake View Post
    Check out my boy SPLURT's mobile/portable setup!
    Priceless!

I love that he's playing trap music. That whole video is hilarious.

I'm so intrigued by this guy..

Hes a member of MajorLazer. Follow him on Instagram, he uploads some pretty awesome stuff.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

If you want to do something cheap, just buy some pvc pipes like the white ones they use for plumbing some connectors (like t connectors and corner connectors, they even sell cross connectors if you like more stability and build a frame as big, small, high as you want. take a stretch white, black or any color skirt and sew it so the upper pipe of the frame fits in it for the front and side upper pipes. you could do the same for the pipes on the bottom if you like a tight fit. just put a fold-able 6 foot table or bigger in the frame and you are ready. ad some lighting behind the skirt and if you use a white skirt the whole booth lights up but keep the table a bit of the frame so the light won't be stopped by the table. set up time maybe 10 to 15 minutes and done right it could look pretty nice.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9