4 Channel Mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Channel Mixer

Default 4 Channel Mixer

So after getting a solid set up with midi controllers, i'm looking to get into CDJ and mixer DJing.
    I've been looking around for a prime 4 channel mixer to start with 2 cdjs, and then buy 2 more later.

I was highly considering the Behringer Nox606 but i hear that it's a pretty low quality piece of gear.
    Then i was looking into the Behringer DJX750, but it's still behringer with their reputation of not high quality.
    The Denon DNX1100 looked pretty good, extremely basic and simple, but perhaps a bit empty?
    Then I found the Mackie D4, which looks amazing, but I'd be amazed if I could get my hands on one of those.

Of course allen & heath or pioneer mixers are really nice, and i really love the Vestax PMC-580, but those are all pretty pricey.

As of now, I don't have a very big budget, so i'd like to spend not more than $500 on a 4 channel mixer.
    Suggestions? Comments?

I'd really like something with LED volume indicators for each channel, that is the key feature i'm searching for.

I'm surprised that you've looked at Behringer, but not the DDM4000?

I love mine. Ridiculous value for money.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

12" Vestax 004xl. Solid build, balanced outputs, sounds better than it should for the $$$.
    19" Denon X500. Solid build, 8 inputs (select-able on any channel), sounds great even when maxed out. This mixer has channel input meters, but they are relatively course grained.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    12" Vestax 004xl. Solid build, balanced outputs, sounds better than it should for the $$$.
    19" Denon X500. Solid build, 8 inputs (select-able on any channel), sounds great even when maxed out. This mixer has channel input meters, but they are relatively course grained.
    The vestax looks okay, but there's not even a filter on it. I know it's something small, but that mixer appears kind of empty. And as for the denon, i've never really been a fan of the flow of really wide and thin mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I'm surprised that you've looked at Behringer, but not the DDM4000?
    Well i have looked at it, and it know it sounds cheesy, but i REALLY want led indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by fuelandperform View Post
    The vestax looks okay, but there's not even a filter on it. I know it's something small, but that mixer appears kind of empty.

I got that mixer a week ago (and going to write a review on it cause there aren't really extensive ones).
    The channel led meters is awesome btw.

The build and sound quality are real good, the dual master outputs(make that 3 if you combine 2xMaster Stereo rca+Stereo XLR) a nice plus.

It's a very basic mixer but I think it rivals with some of the bigger more expensive ones. Really making me like mixing again in ways that I didn't even really appreciate even on a Xone 92 (yes odd to say I know).

I would have liked an effects loop but in that price range and being good quality, let's be realistic.
    As far as filters, same issue again, you want quality or you want extra features.
    The major downside is that you have to rotate a cue channel switch, there's no buttons to push, but you get the hang of it very quickly.

You seem to believe it's kind of empty, but you must realize there's going to be a compromise that will have to be done somewhere especially considering what you want to spend:
    A- get a mixer like the vestax, with few but good quality and stable features.
    B- get something like loads of effects options but compromise on build quality.

Mackie D4 while being very nice on paper appears to have serious construction problems especially with the fader, all very odd coming from a brand like Mackie.

DDM4000 is the only decent behringer. I wouldn't wish the DJX750 on my worst enemy. The mackie may be the way to go for you, as it is scratch certified.
    Last edited by Jester; 01-14-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

dude really... Vestax all the way
    i was VERy impressed with it

i started out MTX soundcraftsman
    i went to pioneer mixer and HATED it
    tried a couple others (DENON modles) but didnt have enough feel for me
    when i hit Vestax i was in total love.
    i still have mine.... over 10 years old, and it still kicks ass

I think i'm gonna go with the Behringer DDM4000.
    Any objections? Other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by fuelandperform View Post
    I think i'm gonna go with the Behringer DDM4000.
    Any objections? Other suggestions?
    objections / suggestions shouldnt matter from us but what is it about the mixer that best draws you too it?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    DDM4000 is the only decent behringer. I wouldn't wish the DJX750 on my worst enemy. The mackie may be the way to go for you, as it is scratch certified.
    I wouldn't touch the mackie either as its been dicontinued for a while and mackie mixers had some solid issues.

Try and find an Ecler Nuo 4.0 or even a decent second hand DJM700 or some shit. In fact I reckon you could probably get a second hand Allen Heath Xone 42 or even Xone 92 for not much more than $500.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast