DJM-800 vs DN-X1700 opinions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJM-800 vs DN-X1700 opinions

Hey guys!

I currently have a DN-X1500s, and am looking to upgrade. For my price range, I've come up with the DJM-800 and DN-X1700, but I'm having trouble deciding which one I want to replace my current mixer. What are your guys opinions on these two mixers? Here's a rundown (in priority order) of what I'm looking for in a mixer.

1. 4 channels
    2. Reliability/overall quality construction
    3. Sound quality
    4. Effects (effect quality)
    5. Digital-ins
    6. Loud headphone amp
    7. EQ quality

Let me know what you guys think. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jaeros

X1700 by a long shot. The DJM is an ok mixer but its over 10 years old and discontinued as far as i know. You'll get a lot more for a lot less with the Denon.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah there is really no contest here; you're better off comparing the Pioneer DJM-900 to be on the same level (and even then I think the Denon wins). The Denon is a far better unit by any possible measure. It's also Traktor Scratch certified if that's a benefit for you. The only complaint I had about it (I owned it for about 6 months) is that the headphone amp, while plenty loud, has noticeably poorer sound quality than the mixer's regular outputs. But it's fully functional for DJing, and as long as you don't expect to sit and listen critically to music in a quiet environment through the headphone jack, this mixer is amazing. I like the effects better than pioneer's too; they're not as heavy handed and you can be much more subtle and flexible with them. Whereas Pioneer effects are quicker to master (and to abuse), the Denon's are quite a bit more flexible.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Yeah there is really no contest here; you're better off comparing the Pioneer DJM-900 to be on the same level (and even then I think the Denon wins). The Denon is a far better unit by any possible measure. It's also Traktor Scratch certified if that's a benefit for you. The only complaint I had about it (I owned it for about 6 months) is that the headphone amp, while plenty loud, has noticeably poorer sound quality than the mixer's regular outputs. But it's fully functional for DJing, and as long as you don't expect to sit and listen critically to music in a quiet environment through the headphone jack, this mixer is amazing. I like the effects better than pioneer's too; they're not as heavy handed and you can be much more subtle and flexible with them. Whereas Pioneer effects are quicker to master (and to abuse), the Denon's are quite a bit more flexible.
    nicely said

Djm800 is over 10years old and discontinued?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Last year yup. Not as old as i thought tho, they came out 2006
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

WOW! Literally seems like it came out no more than a couple of years ago! I really liked that mixer.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Djm 800 is still found in many many clubs though. Justsayin

The djm850 looks decent though if you're spending that money then the djm900 is worth a look too.

I'm contemplating a djm250 just for serious no frills mixing

Cheap as chips but build quality and features though limited look super solid
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Djm 800 is still found in many many clubs though. Justsayin
    True but the 1700 isn't laid out much differently than the 800; it would be pretty easy to use the 800 (or whatever else) even if you had the 1700 at home.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    X1700 by a long shot. The DJM is an ok mixer but its over 10 years old and discontinued as far as i know. You'll get a lot more for a lot less with the Denon.
    actually it's 7 years old it's still a viable solution alright, but still: denon by a long shot on this one.

EDIT: just saw your earlier post where you corrected yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast