Who Wants to Start a DMC Digital Team ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think the smartest idea is to have a "controllerist" challenge sort of thing. Turntablists do their thing, controllerists do something else. The organization that sponsors and runs the DMCs should sponsor and run something different for us. We are doing different things. Rugby and football players don't compete in the same world series.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Exactly.

You should have a Controllerist class in the DMCs, not force controllerists to compete in a DMC.

I guess it should be handled similar to CD DMCs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think the smartest idea is to have a "controllerist" challenge sort of thing. Turntablists do their thing, controllerists do something else. The organization that sponsors and runs the DMCs should sponsor and run something different for us. We are doing different things. Rugby and football players don't compete in the same world series.
    The problem is the turntablism is dead and it needs a fresh breath of life put into it, if it got split into sections the turntablistists section would be even more dead than it is now. I agree with what your saying though, they still want to keep it turntable focused but the pc music generation utilizes alot more than just a pair of turntables to get their funk on. the years to come with the DMC are going to be very very interesting indeed.

I personally cant wait to see someone there break out Ammobox that will be friggen awesome !!!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh Bento... Turntablism is not dead. It's just not for you and I. The DMCs can't deny what is happening with DJing, but they can't really combine the two. The techniques and styles are just way too different.

*shrug*
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

turntabalism is not dead to me. I bought my pdx's because of turntabalism. I just think it was at its highest in the 90's. Its never gonna die.

Yea with things like serato turntablism has been brought into the newage
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

man this is why i bought my technics ... looking at routines and competitions is amazing .... hopefully we can see new interesting techniques with dvs ... as well as controllers .. u might even have dj's with their own mod controller battleling each other in the future.. that be crazy.. its good news.. from dmc

Ok maybe its not dead, but its certainly dieing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12