Nurmark Goes Wireless? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    For $99 this is like a cheap MF3D with a giant effects wheel, extra buttons, and an arm strap. I might have to get one of these.
    Def post a review of it if you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Prespa View Post
    Is it just me or the MTP jogs look cheap as hell?
    They look waaay thinner than any previous models.

They're trying to incorporate everything with that little 45 adapter thing on the decks now which is honestly a huge deal breaker for me. On my iDJ3 the jogs have a clean metal center that lets you do some neat things when you scratch with it right. This just seems like it'd completely ruin that.

Upclose they look a little bit better, grooved so they don't slip that easy. That is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    yea know what
    i have been watching technology like this for so long i cant remember when it all started

But as a start off (to release in spring 2013) this "toy" as it seems
    might be just the tip of the iceberg for them

Yes i do agree that the USB placement is a bit well..... LEFT HANDED
    i mean, look at where it is.
    Most people will use it right handed
    I am left handed so i would slip it over my RIGHT hand and the USB would trail along my arm

i have more to say about this but ill post it up later
    This is truth. I'm glad we're starting to look at wireless options for dj equipment. But this seems like both a step forward and backward.

And I'm a lefty too so that's why I brought it up lol. Right handed dj's are probably going to bend the usb connection.
    //Soundcloud//DeviantART//Need a custom dj logo? *Temporarily Closed, check thread for details* //
    Set up = Numark iDJ3 :: Akai MPK Mini :: Novation LaunchPad ::

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Seriously though, this is a big hell no from me.
    This round I'd have to agree. Numark is doing good with the direction however.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    LOLOL. The dude telling us about it in that video kept saying how crazy the thing was and the amount of crazazzzzzzzy things you can do with it lol.

I agree with it looking like a simon says special edition from numark
    Somebody was trying to get sponsored methinks lol
    //Soundcloud//DeviantART//Need a custom dj logo? *Temporarily Closed, check thread for details* //

Yes i do agree that the USB placement is a bit well..... LEFT HANDED
    i mean, look at where it is.
    Most people will use it right handed
    I am left handed so i would slip it over my RIGHT hand and the USB would trail along my arm
    So unplug the USB when you slip it on your arm? The beauty of this thing is it's wireless; you kind of lose that advantage if you leave it plugged in....

In either case, this is a $99 toy that looks fun to play with; I might likely get one but it's unlikely this will do much I can't already do with my guitar hero mapping (and that's also a wireless controller).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Should be in the next rendition of the MF3D.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yea know what yea i completely got stuck on the USB location plugged in
    You are correct that it can go wireless ( i wonder if there is any latency or timelaps where it needs to reload once the USB is unplugged)

never the less there was a comment above from Davoh
    But this seems like both a step forward and backward.
    I understand what you mean about a step backward but i cant agree to it only because
    i would say the same as a step back if i were only loooking at it from a higher technologically inclined user
    like you and me. We use devices that are WAY above the capabilities of these things.

Now look at it from the point of view of a beginning user. Someone who is NOT in the "know"
    I can see where this fits in and

from a company's developmental standpoint you have to take into account, that when you finally produce a new
    piece of tech, you can test it out in house for a long time without even noticing its limitations
    or knowing what exactly would be the next step for the device.

This way, in this product, it can be released to the public
    and we can basically BETA test the hell out of it while the big bosses watch and learn where it went wrong
    and what i needs to be BETTER.

Im actually thumbs up with this device, and not because i can see myself using it
    Honestly i dont think ill ever get one because at my level as well as many others, this would be a flash in the pan device to use
    which we would most likely drop into EBAY only a few months after opening the box.

Good work, but not really for me

yea know what yea i completely got stuck on the USB location plugged in
    You are correct that it can go wireless ( i wonder if there is any latency or timelaps where it needs to reload once the USB is unplugged)
    They claim theres virtually no latency but I still question that.

I understand what you mean about a step backward but i cant agree to it only because
    i would say the same as a step back if i were only loooking at it from a higher technologically inclined user
    like you and me. We use devices that are WAY above the capabilities of these things.
    Uhhh...you may use those type of devices, I don't lol. My set up is just about as beginner as beginner gets. I've just played with my fair share of controllers. When I go to guitar center or best buy, I'm normally in the pro audio section playing around.

BUT. I say a step backward simply because I think the design could have been HELLA better. Seriously all this talk of over sized psp's and simon say's should be a clear indication of how this is going to be perceived.

Now look at it from the point of view of a beginning user. Someone who is NOT in the "know"
    I can see where this fits in and from a company's developmental standpoint you have to take into account, that when you finally produce a new piece of tech, you can test it out in house for a long time without even noticing its limitations
    or knowing what exactly would be the next step for the device.

This way, in this product, it can be released to the public
    and we can basically BETA test the hell out of it while the big bosses watch and learn where it went wrong
    and what i needs to be BETTER.
    Nail on the head bro. I just have a problem with that when it comes to something along these lines as it's probably going to ruin a dj career or two in the process. That's the human side of me talking, the ex business management major is applauding Numark right now for going out of their normal bubble sort of.

Im actually thumbs up with this device, and not because i can see myself using it
    Honestly i dont think ill ever get one because at my level as well as many others, this would be a flash in the pan device to use
    which we would most likely drop into EBAY only a few months after opening the box.

Good work, but not really for me
    This to me would be more of a novelty to a intermediate-pro dj, a good intro for beginners if they don't just use it for the LOL 3D CONTROLS only.

Obviously I can't give my opinion either way right now as I haven't even seen it in action, but I have to admit I'd love to use one just to see what it's like.

Looks like a better looking, not ridiculously overpriced MF3D. It's a big thumbs up from me.

Tech Mentor

Can't wait to see DJs wearing this thing strapped around their neck and out in front of the decks acting like idiots. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    Can't wait to see DJs wearing this thing strapped around their neck and out in front of the decks acting like idiots. Awesome
    Yep - prize for first pic in a club/bar.
    SC | MC

Like I said before: it has something of the Pioneer RMX,

maybe someone could mod it, skin it so it' looks better?
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25 - MF SPECTRA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast