Calling All Glitch Hop Peeps! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Flume has a few tracks like this check his soundcloud out https://soundcloud.com/flume-1
    Hes super chilled out and makes neuro and glitch. Im looking for some wobbly glitch hop! I have tons of stuff like flume looking for more of the banger dancey song.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Glitch hop is 95-115 dub is like 70-85. I can see how you would mix them, but I personally dislike dubstep. I mix a lot of funk and ghetto funk in with midtempo and glitch hop.

Im looking for like 100bpm to 104 Banger wobbly, funky tunes. But again I think I might have to make my way up to 110 cause I have a lot at that bpm.
    I think he means that a lot of glitch hop sounds like 95-115 bpm dubstep, not that he's mixing them up. And he's right, a lot of the sounds are very similar, though that only describes one segment of glitch hop.

This is one of my favorite artists on more of the electro-soul/funk tip of glitch hop. The whole album is free too, though he also has some very good stuff on beatport as well.

whole album is here:http://mynameisgriz.com/
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    I think he means that a lot of glitch hop sounds like 95-115 bpm dubstep, not that he's mixing them up. And he's right, a lot of the sounds are very similar, though that only describes one segment of glitch hop.

This is one of my favorite artists on more of the electro-soul/funk tip of glitch hop. The whole album is free too, though he also has some very good stuff on beatport as well.
    Griz and gramattik are awesome but they fit in the soul/ghetto funk section. I have all those songs too. they are the tits. Im playing to a more heavy crowd tho. Any songs that are like that myselor song I posted or they sound like koan sound. That kinda style. 80's fitness might work btw! There are so many sub genres in the midtempo section its crazy!

My buddies thats playing before me is playing a lot of griz and blunt instrument as they are similar but slower and less hyphy. Im playing the bangers of the night.

here's the last Glitch Hop mix I did and I definitely got into the harder style for a good portion of it. here's the setlist if there's anything you liked.
    1 Griz & Gramatik Digital Liberation Is Mad Freedom
    2 Elonious Bounda Get Hurt ft.Omz
    3 Sponge Bandits Attack Mode (1uP Remix)
    4 Dubsective Kansas City Shuffle
    5 Nick Thayer Wake Up Call (Original Mix)
    6 Pyramyth Savage (Original Mix)
    7 Pyramyth Cowbell Rock (Original Mix)
    8 Blunt B. Get Off The Chemicals
    9 Bare Sleep (Original Mix)
    10 Drop Goblin Strictly For The Underground
    11 Kairo Kingdom What Am I (Original Mix)
    12 Dirt Monkey, Obscenity Dynasty (Original Mix)
    13 GRiZ Smash The Funk
    14 Skope Give A F_k (Original Mix)
    15 Gramatik Talkbox Intended (Original Mix)
    16 Opiuo Wiggle Sticks (Original Mix)
    17 Savant Shake The Room
    18 Pegboard Nerds Fire In The Hole (Original Mix)
    19 Beastie Boys Intergalactic (Drop Goblin Remix)
    20 Virus Syndicate, Mark Instinct Venom (Extended DJ Mix)

They Pyramyth tracks might be something you'd be interested in, and the Drop Goblin Beastie Boys remix is tight too.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post

here's the last Glitch Hop mix I did and I definitely got into the harder style for a good portion of it. here's the setlist if there's anything you liked.
    1 Griz & Gramatik Digital Liberation Is Mad Freedom
    2 Elonious Bounda Get Hurt ft.Omz
    3 Sponge Bandits Attack Mode (1uP Remix)
    4 Dubsective Kansas City Shuffle
    5 Nick Thayer Wake Up Call (Original Mix)
    6 Pyramyth Savage (Original Mix)
    7 Pyramyth Cowbell Rock (Original Mix)
    8 Blunt B. Get Off The Chemicals
    9 Bare Sleep (Original Mix)
    10 Drop Goblin Strictly For The Underground
    11 Kairo Kingdom What Am I (Original Mix)
    12 Dirt Monkey, Obscenity Dynasty (Original Mix)
    13 GRiZ Smash The Funk
    14 Skope Give A F_k (Original Mix)
    15 Gramatik Talkbox Intended (Original Mix)
    16 Opiuo Wiggle Sticks (Original Mix)
    17 Savant Shake The Room
    18 Pegboard Nerds Fire In The Hole (Original Mix)
    19 Beastie Boys Intergalactic (Drop Goblin Remix)
    20 Virus Syndicate, Mark Instinct Venom (Extended DJ Mix)

They Pyramyth tracks might be something you'd be interested in, and the Drop Goblin Beastie Boys remix is tight too.
    Thank you! Not sure how I forgot about drop goblin, im even following him on SC :/ Pyramyth I have but overlooked him aswell. Im thinking that some of these songs are comming in at like 200BPM or 50. Im gonna go recheck my traktor playlists.

A lot of drop goblin is more like the porter robinson style of midtempo rather then glitch hop. Pyramyth fits decent tho! ill see if I can work him in.

Out of those songs Savant fits the best, also forgot about that guy aswell lol Thanks again

Tech Wizard

Nice mix dude, its getting me through a tough day at work

A few artists in that iTunes list and a few you've said you have yourself are apart of this label

https://www.facebook.com/Adaptedrecords

check them out, they have a range of stuff that I think might be what you're after.

EDIT: Like these fucking jams

or even a bit of Rusko..... yes, Rusko

EDIT Again, lol: You made me go and listen to a bunch of Glitch stuff I hadn't before (so thank-you for that), found this guy, Tantric Decks (another Adapted guy)

Last edited by Ham; 01-23-2013 at 11:52 PM.

holy mother this thread blew up! i edited my first post to only contain glitch hop albums. will look tomorrow for something that is close to what your looking for. apparently my iTunes was all jacked up under glitch hop. 7000 songs in your library is a bitch to manage when you just got a new computer

quote "I think he means that a lot of glitch hop sounds like 95-115 bpm dubstep, not that he's mixing them up. And he's right, a lot of the sounds are very similar, though that only describes one segment of glitch hop."

ya thats what i meant people often confuse things
    Last edited by spadenation; 01-24-2013 at 12:31 AM.

If you listened to the mix you'd notice that most of the songs are from adapted. EG: Skope.

Tantric decks is more glitched out then wobbly, been following him since I saw him play here. He lives relatively close to me. I was just hoping someone had a hidden gem or two. I have all the main guys. Almost all of adapted. I dont play the porter robinson style either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post

Im in the process of remixing that song!

I'll be honest, I listened to about 2 minutes of the mix from 20min on like you said and then I started searching for shit haha, I've extended my knowledge of Glitch artists I currently know (only just found Bill the other day) so I hope someone else can shed some light for everyone to enjoy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast