Collab on Electro project

Lightbulb Collab on Electro project

Hey i am a DJ currently living and performing in Japan (moving back home to SoCal in a few months) and am… like most aspiring artists… trying to start something new and bring a new style of music to the world.

My vision is to create a dirty electro style of my own while incorporating the rev bass of hard style. (kinda like the feel of most dirty dutch) i love how much pump it can give a crowd and with how much hardstyle is growing (qdance pushing further west) with the addition of new stages to tomorrowland and edc recently (to name some big ones) and showtek and hardwells new track getting so much recognition i really want to bring that style and kick to the LA rave scene.

obviously this is a very rough draft of an idea and im not going to lie to you when i say i have basically NO experience in production but i do make up for it in my live performances/experience and would like to create a partnership with a producer to create something like Knife Party, Dada, dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, Psycho Punks, or for the best example, Swedish House Mafia, where on stage one person djs and is in charge of basic mixing while the other adds samples/effects/controllerism routines/and of course hype to the shows, (basically adding what possible or your own style to the shows to create something mesmerizing and unforgettable
    performances. i really like what i saw bass kleph doing once while in aussie which is live remixing while showing the crowd his (lit up) machine

i would love to try and work something out and just see if we can get something going. let me know ur thoughts and if you are interested in this type of sound or a collaboration

ive actually been wanting to do something like this for ages now. its hard finding people in my area into EDM, let alone people who DJ/Produce. Its mostly rap and metal where i live.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Performance doesn't make up for production... they're completely different things. It's like saying that eating potatoes makes up for growing em
    Last edited by elliot1106; 01-28-2013 at 06:25 AM.

thats why i said very blatantly that i cant grow potatoes.. i mean produce

It's funny.....

We're resident DJs at a few of the bigger LA clubs and I use Ableton and my partner on CDJs.

I think the scene is going into more deep house stuff here....

What you're taking about sounds more like festival music rather than the local house club music here.....
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

I mean noone will want to collab if you don't know anything about producing. Id say work at it lots and then find someone once you can make a full song.