Midi Fighter For NON-DJ Software Use?

Default Midi Fighter For NON-DJ Software Use?

Hey Tech Tools Crew,

I'm very, very interested in adding the Midi Fighter to my setup. I've often dreamt of using either of my arcade sticks as MIDI controllers... Sanwa buttons make my metaphysical panties soaking wet, so I'm excited to see this product out in the open!

Anyway - my only deal is - I am NOT a DJ sort of dude. I'm curious though, if I were to get a Midi Fighter Pro (with the knob & faders) could I use it as a general MIDI controller inside of Maschine and/or Logic Pro 9? I tend to not use software but when I do... I am always looking for ways to make it more fun for me. This controller looks like it'd be the winner.

Could I set up one of the faders to control an effect parameter? Maybe even write automation inside of Maschine with the faders/knobs? Trigger my samples using the buttons? Maybe even set up the buttons to do whacky stuff like how you can in Traktor/etc? Sorry for asking nub questions here, I'm really trying to support this kick ass piece of gear so I need to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Simplified question - I use Logic Pro 9 and Maschine as my only musical software. Would it be possible for me to come up with my own inspiring templates for my two programs of choice? If not, could I use it as an all-purpose controller still (triggering samples, playing the buttons as pads on an MPC, using the fader to hit a dry/wet effect signal mix, etc, etc)?

Sorry for long winded post... just trying to get some shite figured out!

Thanks!
    (watch out for them wake-up shoryukens)

Peace

Last time I checked Logic could handle incoming MIDI signals so yeah, you can use the Midi Fighter as a effect parameter controller and such.
    But I haven't got a clue about Maschine..
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

With Maschine, you can trigger sounds with MIDI notes, and have control of macro knobs you setup in Maschine via Midi CC. It's pretty limited.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

So I am guessing that in my non-DJ software stuff the Midi Fighter would essentially be an uber dorky MIDI controller? There are no "special moves" or anything fun like that, so I'm assuming it'd be nothing special.
    Maybe I can figure out a way to mod one of my arcade sticks to be a MIDI joystick + six pads.

Hrm... guessin' I'll be trying to cook up some innovative use. It'd be too legit to have 16 Sanwa buttons in the studio.

i know this is an old thread but i wanted to post here before I asked elsewhere... Hadouken, did you have any luck with this? I just ordered a Midi Fighter to work with Logic on stage (I'm not a DJ, but an MC looking to try some new stuff) - wanted to know how it worked out.