VCI 100 Firmware: 1.2 vs 1.3

Default VCI 100 Firmware: 1.2 vs 1.3

I am using my VCI 100 for DJing and using TSI 2.3 of DJTT. I want to make some adjustments to this mapping as I really don't like the effects mapping. The biggest thing i don't like is the automation that putting delay on 100% causes it to freeze. It simply doesn't work nicely and it doesn't suite the way I would like to handle my effects.

As I'm using an external mixer I do have some knobs left to remap, so that should be going just fine.

For this I have just one question:

Is this auto-freeze function a result of firmware 1.3? Should I "downgrade" the firmware to 1.2 for maintaining most of the functions for TSI 2.3 except this autofreeze function?

AFAIK the freeze is only due to the knobs/faders sending a constant 127 MIDI signal when fully open. You should easily be able to change that through the Traktor MIDI mapping page.
    I would avoid 1.2, as you get a few bugs. The most annoying of which is that the 4th effects on button doesn't work <__<

In any event, you dont need to down grade your firmware, as 1.3 also has 1.2 on the same chip.

To access 1.2 mode, simply hold down the top small black button (of the 4) on the top left of the unit when switching it on.
    Last edited by djmoonie; 08-14-2009 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks for the info! So the freeze-feature is a mapping thing? Strange that I couldn't find it in the mapping-overview. Better have a look later today.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll leave it to 1.3 firmware and try mapping it from there.

I still have no idea which command caused it, but I ended up deleting all the effects-associated midi-commands in the in the DJTT TSI. As I use an externl mixer, I've remapped the FX to the Equalizer knobs in the middle and using the knobs on the top right purely for the Loop-mode. Sounds a lot less maybe, but it gives me a great hands-on feeling, having the knobs and buttons double/tripple mapped only when I want it and not for a single trick which is up on the blog at this moment.