Do i need to worry?
    Tech Wizard

Default Do i need to worry?

hey all!
    Im doing a dj job this saturday, but im a little worried.
    I just bought a Numark DJIO soundcard istead of my old random one. Im running on a laptop (high end) with my VCI-100 and the DJIO - the problem is that i have no external power to either of the two, so my question is if u guys think my laptop will have the power to supply both for several hours of playing?
    i cant say how big my power supply on the laptop is - i have no clue. i have played with this setup a couple of times (2x2 hours aprox)
    But do any of u guys got any experience on this?

BEST regards

I had no problems running my vci-100 and Audio Kontrol 1 off my macbook usb ports for over 6 hours. Test it out at home, I think you should be fine.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, just test it at home. You should be fine.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

You have the power supply for your laptop right? Just take that one along and if you want to be absolutely certain, get a powered USB hub...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

go to radio shak or somewhere similar and drop 6 bucks on an external adapter. i also have djio and thats what i did. i have external for my vci and io. actually the adapters have a selector switch so that i can change the voltage to 5 different settings. that way i can use either or for either equipment. just make sure you get a high enough ma rating.

Tech Wizard

thanks for the quick answers all !
    Im gonna set it up later and let it play the whole day so i can be sure thats there is no problem
    thanks again!

BEST regards Jonas/Djaevi

How many thing can you plug in to your computer before it begins to fail? Atm I have vci, nanopad, oxygen 8 and maya soundcard and it seams to work fine.

+ 1 for the danes
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Quote Originally Posted by soerensus View Post
    How many thing can you plug in to your computer before it begins to fail? Atm I have vci, nanopad, oxygen 8 and maya soundcard and it seams to work fine.

+ 1 for the danes
    It all depends of the power consumption (peak power if you want to be absolutely shure you have enough power) of the plugged in devices. You'll need to have a look at the specs for the devices and compare these to the maximum amount of power delivered through USB. USB is a standard and can only deliver a surden amount of power. I cant remember how much that is, but it should be pretty easy to look up.

+1 for the dane thread