Dj kit in dorms!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    PS. a Handy bit that I did back in school... even if you're not the DJ for a party. you might be able to make some cash renting out your gear.

I do rent gear....but not my "A", "B", or even "C" rigs - these only come out with me...and I am in the booth the whole time. The rental units start at "Q" and work down from there. And I would NEVER, EVER, ***EVER*** rent to college kids....not even the "Z" rig.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post

I do rent gear....but not my "A", "B", or even "C" rigs - these only come out with me...and I am in the booth the whole time. The rental units start at "Q" and work down from there. And I would NEVER, EVER, ***EVER*** rent to college kids....not even the "Z" rig.
    I don't think you understand how a rental contract works if thats the case.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    I don't think you understand how a rental contract works if thats the case.
    I understand exactly how a rental contract works. Payment is not the issue. PITA is the issue.

To clarify, my "A" rig can be broken into four units...or used as one (or two or three) large(r) rigs. NONE of that ever goes out without me. First, this rig requires actual competence to setup & run. There is no substitute for knowing what the !@#$ you are doing...and the performance of this system comes with that price.

Separately I have four rental rigs (my previous "A" rig)....those can go out without me. These have been racked, labeled, and (somewhat) moron proofed. If you plug it into the wall, connect all the "Cable A" to "Plug A", "Cable B" to "Plug B"...everything will "just work" and be OK. This is exactly what you want in a renal unit.

Even so...I am unwilling to deal with college kids when it comes to rentals.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Thanks do much for the replies! I plan on getting and modding one of those flight cases that hold a s4 and two x1s! Im not sure but I'll most likely not be renting and just get a job and do some gigs on the side! Thanks a lot for all the info on your experiences though! I'll be sure to keep a tazer by me at all times LOL. And locks! I'll be sure to take my sweet time on that.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12