Official Forum Feature Request Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i was wondering where my post went, but i just posted it in the wrong thread :P

here it goes:

for the subs i'll just quote dvls:

Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    a Controller Mapping Section (with different forums for questions and actual mappings); A Controllers section (with a forum for controller specific questions, a forum for reviews); A Modification section (with a forum for Modification questions, and one for completed mods); A Mixes section (left as is, but possibly split into Mixes and Production); a DJTT section (pretty much as is, but including the Product Support Forum); ...
    + maybe an offtopic forum

then i really like the tag idea, but right now it's only possible to give two tags to a thread, bit more would be nice..

can't get over how cool that is
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    @Duerr - do you have any requests in particular for what those new section(s) would be ?

im gonna write a list bud, just gimme a bit to think about it. i'll have to scan the forums to refresh my memory

Tech Guru

it would be nice to get some basic editor features in the quick reply box too. mainly the add a link button from the advanced view.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

k heres a list for additional subforums that i think would help sort things a bit:

- Djtechschool : 2 sections, Beginner and Advanced. This is where we can have threads pertaining to ALL questions about the various areas of digital djing. If we split it into two sections it would make things easier for both novice and advanced users to find answers to questions they need without having to rifle through threads that are irrelevant to their needs. It would also allow the advanced users to help the beginners more easily, for instance they could see all the beginners' new questions on one page (rather than several pages) to efficiently answer their questions. Less questiones will go unanswered this way,more learning will happen and easier!

- Buy/Sell/Trade - someone mentioned this earlier, i'd just like to +1

- Gear - i think the gear sectioned needs a software section and should be split like this;
    - Hardware Discussion/Reviews (including controllers)
    - Software Discussion/Reviews
    - Mods
    - Controller maps

- Contests, Competitions, DJ job postings/ Call for DJs etc..
    pretty self explanatory with this one, you get the jist.

- Promo Section and it could be split into these sections:
    - Mixes
    - Promo tracks/free original music, original music releases (members only to reduce spam)
    - Artist Profile pages: Bio, Photos, Experience, Location, Links to Demo material etc. etc.
    - Radio ; links to Djs' radio stations or stations their songs/mixes are getting played
    - Events ; post your events.

- NEWS Section - News. previews and info for unreleased products. News about software/hardware companies. News about DJs ... basically any fresh news that pertains to the digital djing world that isn't posted on the blog.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 08-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.

I'm new here, but I do like Duerr's way of thinking. Seems logical to me.

I don't know how easy it is to implement that on a forum though, and I can guarantee you that anyone with a question will go straight to the Advanced section for answers. Maybe keep the advanced section for posters over 100 posts?

Tech Guru

^ hmmm you do have a point... it might be difficult to draw the line between beginner and advanced and to keep it organized would a huge undertaking for the moderators... Maybe it would be best not to seperate it into Beginner + Advanced, but instead just have one single subforum to cover all questions?

1. Soundcloud embedable in the forums
    2. Super large pictures that are too large for the forums should now auto resize their selves
    3. You can now also tweet posts that you like by clicking on the "tweet this post!" link at the top of each of the forum posts.
    4. View\post on the forums on your Iphone using Tapatalk
    5. Hyper links now appear the correct colours inside of threads
    6. RSS feed links installed on forum home

yeah, love the rss feeds

btw, the "tweet this post" function doesn't work for me (displays an error404 page: "http://www.djtechtools.com/twitter_auth.php?oauth_token=...........")

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

How about a tricks section? I do find the (youtube) tricks in Traktor always the most inspirational bits. It teaches you new features plus heaps of inspiration. Maybe divide in into an Ableton and Traktor section.
    And for the feed perhaps some challenges/prizes for the best trick, etc...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast