Future DJ Question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    All fixable on the cheap. I replaced an entire tone arm and assembly for $99 late last year...

You can get all the parts off ebay, and it's rather easy to install yourself....

Anyway my point is there is a reason people recommend these decks. They're tanks. Durability and reliability that only years and years of solid use can prove. Yeah the Stantons etc are nice decks, but will they work still in 10 years? Who knows. Will you be able to get parts? Probably not.
    A $99 fix on a turntable that just cost $600 would be nasty surprise to some people especially if they weren't comfortable installing it themselves they would have to pay more to get someone to install it.

Nothing wrong with recommending them I wasn't having a go at anyone for that. It's more the idea that people think they're the only viable option that is a bit wrong IMO. Especially when I doubt they have used anything decent from other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    A $99 fix on a turntable that just cost $600 would be nasty surprise to some people especially if they weren't comfortable installing it themselves they would have to pay more to get someone to install it.

Well you probably shouldn't pay $600 for a deck with a broken tone arm , but I understand your point. I doubt I'd ever buy anything else, nor recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    Nothing wrong with recommending them I wasn't having a go at anyone for that. It's more the idea that people think they're the only viable option that is a bit wrong IMO. Especially when I doubt they have used anything decent from other companies.
    This. Over the years I've had Gemini, Numark, KAM, and most recently Soundlab decks, and I've preferred them ALL to the Technics. I've used them in clubs and around other peoples' houses, and they've never "felt" worth the extra money tbh.

Speaking of Soundlab, the DLP-32s are actually pretty nice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234