Major Traktor Scratch Pro Bug - Tempo Fader Moving by Itself
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Major Traktor Scratch Pro Bug - Tempo Fader Moving by Itself

Earlier today my decks were working fine, but something happened that is causing Traktor to act up and I've tried everything I can think of but nothing has done anything.

Whenever I load a track onto Deck B, the tempo fader moves by itself all the way up, and the reset button greys out. If I hit the button to switch to internal playback, the fader becomes movable. But as soon as I go back to relative/absolute vinyl control, the fader goes back to the up position. It's only happening with Deck B as far as I can tell, but there's nothing wrong with my turntable and I'm convinced there's something going on in my software somewhere.

I'm using two SL1200s and an external mixer connected to a Traktor Scratch A6 interface. (Both are spinning at the correct speed, with a MKII control vinyl on each)

I don't have anything synced and I've tried messing with the internal clock--nothing. I've tried adjusting the beat detection settings, nothing. I've basically messed with everything in preferences but nothing has done anything at all to the tempo sliders. All my audio sources are set to the same frequency and bit rate. I've tried reinstalling Traktor, my A6 driver, and I've removed all mappings from the controller editor. I tried uninstalling Maschine to see if that had anything to do with it, and it didn't. I have no idea what else I can even try from here other than waiting for NI support to get back to me.

The only other thing I can think of is the grounding being a problem somehow or a problem with the hardware itself.
    Last edited by ers1; 02-05-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ers1 View Post
    Earlier today my decks were working fine, but something happened that is causing Traktor to act up and I've tried everything I can think of but nothing has done anything.

Whenever I load a track onto Deck B, the tempo fader moves by itself all the way up, and the reset button greys out. If I hit the button to switch to internal playback, the fader becomes movable. But as soon as I go back to relative/absolute vinyl control, the fader goes back to the up position. It's only happening with Deck B as far as I can tell, but there's nothing wrong with my turntable and I'm convinced there's something going on in my software somewhere.

I'm using two SL1200s and an external mixer connected to a Traktor Scratch A6 interface. (Both are spinning at the correct speed, with a MKII control vinyl on each)

I don't have anything synced and I've tried messing with the internal clock--nothing. I've tried adjusting the beat detection settings, nothing. I've basically messed with everything in preferences but nothing has done anything at all to the tempo sliders. All my audio sources are set to the same frequency and bit rate. I've tried reinstalling Traktor, my A6 driver, and I've removed all mappings from the controller editor. I tried uninstalling Maschine to see if that had anything to do with it, and it didn't. I have no idea what else I can even try from here other than waiting for NI support to get back to me with an answer that probably won't be any help.

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this, I'd very much appreciate any input. This is quite frustrating. I've tried searching all over but can't find anything helpful. Thanks in advance
    I've heard that this is a known problem with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6 and many have reverted back to older versions to remedy this issue. Mine does the same on my CDJ1000 MK3s, DJM800, and my Audio 8.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sound like a job for NI support.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by epikeddie View Post
    I've heard that this is a known problem with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6 and many have reverted back to older versions to remedy this issue. Mine does the same on my CDJ1000 MK3s, DJM800, and my Audio 8.
    That's interesting, I'll try 2.5 and see what happens.

Aaaand----nothing. Same problem.
    Last edited by ers1; 02-01-2013 at 09:29 PM.

What do the scopes look like
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    What do the scopes look like
    As far as I know, they look like they should. When I click the calibrate button, the tempo slider moves up to about 3/4 of its max, unlocks, and the deck goes back into internal playback mode.

decks.jpg

Also what percent do you have your tempo faders at? I have it around 8% for CDJs
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

check your ground cable... if ttable is not grounded right it will not send signal to interface right...i've never had any issues with tsp like that and I also use 1200s
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by epikeddie View Post
    Also what percent do you have your tempo faders at? I have it around 8% for CDJs
    In Traktor? I've tried everything from 2% to 100% and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    check your ground cable... if ttable is not grounded right it will not send signal to interface right...i've never had any issues with tsp like that and I also use 1200s
    I will definitely check this out. I had to move my gear today but when I get it together tomorrow I'll take a good look at the ground cables. The connector IS stripped from the table in question and I just had its wire wrapped around the ground on my mixer. It wasn't humming though so I didn't think this could be the problem. But it's first on my list of things to try.

Thanks! I'll post an update once I try it.

Definitely not new to 2.6, happened to me at a gig over a year ago with some flavor of 2.1. (maybe even 2.0.x) and mk1 vinyl.
    The turntable which was giving me problems had a very lousy ground but some have reported similar issues using cd timecode...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast