Taking off faders and knobs on F1
    Tech Wizard

Default Taking off faders and knobs on F1

How do you take off the knobs and faders on the Kontrol F1 ? Can you just pull them off ? Or how do you do it ?

Just pull them off. Be careful not to bend the stems, though.

Yah man , just a nice even pull on each side and they should come up.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

They slide off, just be gentle. Or, use your teeth
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

If they are really being a bitch, take a small piece of thicker paper and a small screwdriver and slide the piece of paper under the knob, then slide the small screw driver under the knob and the paper and gently lever the knob up until it moves. Once it's moved, then it will be easier to just pull up. This video demonstrates what I mean.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

@durty english

you could use a credit card, lifting the knobs off gently from every side around or you could use a tool which i think NI offers... not to sure if they sell it separately... actually, would be a nice little tool for DJTT to have in stock.

screenshot.jpg
    MacBookPro 13" i7, OSX 10.9, Traktor Pro 2.6.5, Ableton 9, monome gs128, Army of midifighters, OP-1, Octatrack, iPad

just pull them off. no skill or tools necessary
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Put something protective around/under the knob , so you dont scratch the F1 , and take a knife and just wedge it under and pop it right off.

I've found though once you take the knob off for the first time , they come off A LOT easier later which may or may not be a good thing
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Some of mine were tight. I don't really like the prying method as that still puts lateral pressure on the stem.

I found if you get some pliers and just very gently squeeze the knob in a few different places, that loosens it, then you pull it off normally. Basically what you are doing is flexing the plastic slightly so it loses that contact with the stem.

Don't use the pliers to pull it off. Just give it a gentle squeeze around the knob to loosen it up. Use a cloth or something around the knob so you don't dig into it.

I think that method puts the least amount of pressure on the mechanical part.