External Mixer Record Out (no adjustable gain)

Default External Mixer Record Out (no adjustable gain)

Hi there,

Quick question - I'm using a Traktor DVS setup with a Pioneer DJM-250 which has a master out and a booth out. I've routed the booth out to one of the spare inputs on my Traktor A6 which is working fine. Problem is my mixer has no adjustable volume out for the booth out and as such the recording volume is very low.

Is there a small not-so-powerful pre-amp or something that I could put between the booth out and the sound card to boost the volume? Or a setting in Traktor that I'm missing?

Thanks
    James

Turn the recording gain up and the gain on the deck you've routed into.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks very much I'll try this when I'm home from work

just keep it out of the red matey
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Can't believe I didn't notice that gain knob before! Thanks so much, yeah got my gain structure perfect now thanks for your help

No worries. Welcome to DJTT