MOVING ALOOP FORWARD AND BACKWARDS with a rotary knob.
    Tech Convert

Default MOVING ALOOP FORWARD AND BACKWARDS with a rotary knob.

As i'm discovering mapping on my brand new xone 1D, i'm looking to assign how to move a loop forward and backwards with the top rotary knobs...

i just want the loop to move while the deck is playing then i can adjust the start/end point exactly where i want it to be, but i don't want to change its length...

What's the solution ? how can i map it on my rotary knob ?

Excuse for my noobing attitude, i'm just learning mapping anyway...

The adventures of mapping are fun, so don't apologise. I'm not at home now, so I can't reproduce it at the moment (my keyboard at work doesn't have knobs unfortunately, although I have a copy of Traktor installed at the office). I'm quite qurious why you would want that feature though?

Tech Convert

Sorry for my english which isn't very good...

I would like to map it like that because sometimes i just want to be able to move my loop on the right or the left, to adjust it where i want...

When there's a break, i put my loop on and if it's too short, i just want to move it to the right, to the point the track starts again...

It's not clear but i can't explain it better !

Do you know what i mean ?

For that function i guess it's better to double the length of your loop, considering that you don't want to move it as you've started it at the right position.

If it turns out your loop is too short, you want to increase the size of it. Automatic Traktor places a 4 beat (or 1 bar) loop if i am correct and you can map the function to double that to 8, 16, 32.
    Likewise, you can cut the looplength by half too. So to 2, 1, 0/5, etc.

The control you're probably looking for is called Loop size. Next select the Interaction mode Direct and the Type of Controller to Analoge fader/knob. Perhaps select a specific deck to which it applies and there you go

Quote Originally Posted by PIGPRODZ View Post
    Sorry for my english which isn't very good...

I would like to map it like that because sometimes i just want to be able to move my loop on the right or the left, to adjust it where i want...

When there's a break, i put my loop on and if it's too short, i just want to move it to the right, to the point the track starts again...

It's not clear but i can't explain it better !

Do you know what i mean ?
    Add > Cue/Loops > Cue/Loop Move
    Interaction Mode : Next / Previous
    Type of Controller : Button

I've got mine like this... not sure if this the best way to do it, but it works fine for me
    Here's my mapping for a 1D... http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6558
    if you don't get your knobs to work, just try with this .tsi