Traktor Pro interface?

Default Traktor Pro interface?

I found a used Traktor Pro software package and asked the seller if it would be compatible with a Mac. (not sure if the hard copies are compatible with both pc and mac..) and he said that I would need to get an interface? Also, do I have to have a controller to use Traktor Pro? I know it's better and I do plan on getting a Vci-100 asap but, was hoping to play with the software as much as I could while waiting to until I can get a 100.
    Thanks

hey

Yes, the disks 'should' be both PC and Mac compatable but it is something to double check before buying.

In terms of an interface, i assume he means a sound card. The computers internal sound card will be fine while you play about with it and get used to it and then when you want to actually use Traktor for a gig you can then invest in a better quality sound card.

And same with a controller, just using the keyboard and mouse will be fine to play about with it but its pretty hard to mix properly just using the buttons/mouse so you can upgrade to a controller when you are ready.

k

The main concern is if the license is unregistered from the original owner. If it's still registered to him the cd and serial are going to be useless. Arrange to contact Native Instruments to verify the serial is unregistered and legit. When i was working at GC a couple of years ago i ran into a mess with a returned copy of Traktor Scratch (we had it transfered in from a different store suppose to be new) where the license was registered but of course we couldn't do anything about it. Yup that was a loss of a $600 product... My boss and I were pissed off...

btw, a interface is totally nice, but yes you can use your onboard sound. If it has the capabiltiy for 5.1ch surround, you should be able to map cue output into the second channel while having stereo main outputs.
    Last edited by chex; 08-14-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

you might aswell try out Traktor and see how you like it before you get yourself an interface. I know some (admittedly shit) DJs who still jack into the club mixer right from the headphone out. An interface is cheap enough, but see how it goes!

Welcome to controllerism dude

Thanks Guys!