Help selecting a new laptop
    Tech Student

Default Help selecting a new laptop

HELLO GUYS MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE THAT KEEPS IT REAL AND STILL HAS FUN SPININIG, I play in many local bars, and currently getting bigger venues, so i have 1000 dollars to spend on a new laptop, right now im trying to run audio 10, traktor scratch pro 2 with 2 digital and 2 timcodes, Machine and ableton all the sametime, i would like to hear some of your guy's expereince with stability and latency issues, is it really worth switching to a mac, i currently use windows and i dont want to lose all my vst plug ins and softsynths (i.s DCAM sythsquad, Artillery)

currently looking at a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378

ASUS U24E-XS71 11.6-Inch Laptop

Apple MD101LL/A 2.5 GHz 13.3" MacBook Pro (New 2012 Model)

oh and kinda worried about the rumor of the added latency with graphics cards, your input is greatly appreciated, any other suggestions and 2 cents?
    Last edited by tebrown; 02-04-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: need typing lessons

Tech Mentor

I own a Toshiba Satellite myself. Its got an AMD processor and 6 gigs of RAM. It struggles with Traktor 2.3 even with scripts and separate partitions. That being said, the model youre looking at would seem to work well with Traktor by itself without problems. Not sure about running Ableton and Machine along side it though.

Id stay away from that model of Asus, an 11 inch screen will just frustrate you.

MacBooks are reliable and work out of the box, im sure you can find many reviews on that here. This would be my first choice if I had to do it over again. You might want to look at getting a used MBP from ebay/CL/whatever, upgrade the RAM yourself, maybe mod the CD drive for an SSD.

Bottom line, use what youre comfortable with.

Also, in before Mac vs. PC

Tech Student

what about this laptop, i was thinking of upgrading the HD to a SSD and later maybe getting an i7,

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satell...g_hu-rd_dp_img