RCF Art 312A mkIII vs QSC k12

Default RCF Art 312A mkIII vs QSC k12

Ive been borrowing my buddy's QSC k12s forever now, and I love them, but i need to stop being a bum and just buy my own. Ive read a lot about the 312a MkIIIs being better for less, but i have only ever heard the mk Is and mkIIs

was hoping to get some input, ive got 1200 i was budgeting for new tripod speakers

I already have a RCF L18P200-N 18in Woofer that works perfect so i don't even need to consider the Kbass units

whatcha think?

edit - i need to be able to fill a space about the size of a hotel ballroom sometimes with sound and I like being able to do so with just 2 speakers, w/o pushing them into the red and blowing

Tech Wizard

What type of events do your normally play? How many people? How big is the hotel ballroom? I only ask because I have played in some very large ballroom's, and some that weren't so big and unfortunately noticed very big differences in sound dispersion through the rooms

typically nothing larger than a classic highschool gym.. max out at 300 or so people
    side jobs usually involve weddings, school functions, house parties, poolside stuff coming up this summer
    Im trying to book a few conventions that are coming in for their afterhour events if i can swing it (Akon, animefest, comiccon) that stuff...

just broadening the field more and would like something to get me through 2013 until i budget in for a few more speaker options in the stable.

would like out of bars and clubs into a more family oriented DJing venture since im not getting any younger

Tech Guru

I've found I need to use 3x312a's to adequately fill the room and ideally would be using 4 (next purchase). I of course use a couple of subs too but you have that covered already. Haven't heard the mark 3's but I've never had any complaints when using 3 x mark 2's.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.