CDJ-350 For A Beginner...?
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ-350 For A Beginner...?

Is a CDJ-350 as good as a CDJ-2000 in terms of basic-ness; Loops, beatmatching/bending, jogwheel, sensative bpm etc...I just want to use it for a year for practicing before I spend the big bucks...

Any sort of help needed!

Banned

Everything except looping. 2000s have quantized (pretty much perfect) loops, but for practicing you'll be fine. The more basic equipment you'll use, the better you'll be.

i'd look for some 2nd hand cdj 800 mk2's they might be a bit old but they feel much better than the 350's in my opinion and the jogwheel is so nice

Tech Mentor

Whatever you buy, buy it second hand. So you wont loose so much money if your only planning on keeping them for a year.

I had the 350's for a year, and they were great for beginners. But I had been DJ-ing vinyl for years, so I found them a little basic, and grew out of them pretty quickly.

Probably much better off with a higher end controller like the DDJ-SX. Its a more professional product, you will be unlikely to outgrow it, as its new kit, will still be worth a decent lump in a year if you fancy 2000's still. You can still use it like a CDJ albeit without CD's, but you can manually beatmatch etc...

Or else the XDJ-Aero can be used standalone without a PC.

Both choices are cheaper than CDJ 350's anyway, so I would recommend looking at them first.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Whatever you buy, buy it second hand. So you wont loose so much money if your only planning on keeping them for a year.

I had the 350's for a year, and they were great for beginners. But I had been DJ-ing vinyl for years, so I found them a little basic, and grew out of them pretty quickly.

Probably much better off with a higher end controller like the DDJ-SX. Its a more professional product, you will be unlikely to outgrow it, as its new kit, will still be worth a decent lump in a year if you fancy 2000's still. You can still use it like a CDJ albeit without CD's, but you can manually beatmatch etc...

Or else the XDJ-Aero can be used standalone without a PC.

Both choices are cheaper than CDJ 350's anyway, so I would recommend looking at them first.
    xs, thank you,

I have considered the DDJ-SX, but I want the feel of DJ'ing like I would in clubs. Where I live, the 350 setup will cost around $400-500 more than the controller. I don't mind spending that much more. I have learned that inputting a PC/MAC into the equation...isnt very "beginner type". As someone said, "if you can play on the worst, you can play on anything"

Banned

I got my pair of 350s for $600 on craigslist. Not sure where you live, but I'm sure you can get a good deal on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ParthVader View Post
    I have considered the DDJ-SX, but I want the feel of DJ'ing like I would in clubs.
    I have the DDJ SX and sometimes use 2 CDJ's 2000 and DJM800 in a club and in almost every way it feels just the same.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)