Which turntables/mixer/software?
    Banned

Default Which turntables/mixer/software?

Been itching to get a turntables/mixer combo. Any suggestions? Also, serato or traktor scratch?

What's your budget?
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Banned

$2000. Going for secondhand gear, btw.

Tech Wizard

2 1200's and 57 if you are looking for used gear, but at $2000 you can get some nice kit. I've been using the Numark TTX USB's to spin with for a few years now, no complaints... the extra torque is awesome and the +/-50% pitch allows for some trick mixing. Can get two of those brand new from 700-800, then pick up a Kontrol Z2 brand new and still have money to grab an F1 or X1 or Midi Fighter. Or if you go the Serato route, I'd grab a used 57 or 61 with some Dicers.
    Vestax PDX-3000 MK II -- Vestax PMC-05 Pro IV -- Vestax VFX-1 -- Rane SL3
    -- Novation Launchpad --
    -- Vestax VCI-380 --

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Mattik View Post
    2 1200's and 57 if you are looking for used gear, but at $2000 you can get some nice kit. I've been using the Numark TTX USB's to spin with for a few years now, no complaints... the extra torque is awesome and the +/-50% pitch allows for some trick mixing. Can get two of those brand new from 700-800, then pick up a Kontrol Z2 brand new and still have money to grab an F1 or X1 or Midi Fighter. Or if you go the Serato route, I'd grab a used 57 or 61 with some Dicers.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just looked up some 1200s on ebay. Didn't know they were so cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just looked up some 1200s on ebay. Didn't know they were so cheap!
    If you see them cheap, grab them. A lot of people are selling them for way more than they should. Try to get them locally if possible so you don't have to be worried about shipping problems.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan