Newbie Needs Help!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Newbie Needs Help!!

first of all hello everyone!

long time reader, just signed up yesterday..
    i am a 19 year old bedroom DJ from melbourne australia looking to gain knowledge and experience..
    but ive reached a dead end,
    ive been mixing on a numark dj2go for about a year now (all i could afford being a student)
    ive mapped my keyboard to work as hotcues and loops and everything i found i love about traktor.
    which is amazing dont get me wrong, but ive now got a job and can upgrade, looking at the vci 380 or kontrol s2..
    although im scared my laptop wont be able to handle the club set.. running a powerhorse toshiba pc from a few years back although has to be plugged in cos battery is shit..
    so my main question to all you experienced guys is do i need to buy a mac to dj in clubs with??
    or should i look at buying a rmx 1000 and just use that to do what i want to do with cdjs instead of forking out thousands on a mac and controller..

all advice appreciated..

cheers

how much ram does your computer have? at LEAST 4gb recommended
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

i dont think its that much haha.. am i better off with an rmx 1000 and using the clubs gear?

would consider upgrading your laptop as the first step if you want to go the digital route. then get a soundcard and go from there
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You don’t need a new Mac that’s like bringing a nuke to knife fight. Its over rated. I know lots of DJs that don’t use Mac's. I am using a Windows 7 laptop with an I3 and 4 GB of ram. Works in the club just fine.

As long as its like a Intel core 2 with 4 GB of ram you should be fine.

Anyways I would go with the S2 and use the BeauBryte mapping from the Midimaps page. It really uses the S2 to its fullest potential. That’s what I'm using and its pretty awesome.

S2 has the sound card built right in too.

Tech Wizard

thats good news! i hate macs haha
    i think ill have to buy a new laptop though..
    any reccomendations on a pc purely for djing?

anything with 4gb+, 2+ghz multicore processor and no windows 8.

Tech Wizard

okay so just got home from work and my toshiba has :
    intel core 2 duo CPU P7350 2.00GHz
    and 4gb of ram..

would this be stable in a club? or is it better to have something with better battery life

keep it plugged in. my acer has similar specs and its fine for gigs. look at my sig for all the stuff that it runs.

Tech Wizard

well thats good news.. damn thats more than ill be running.. very tempted to go down and buy a twitch when i get payed tomorrow haha, pretty keen on mapping that thing to traktor..
    do you have any suggestions for optimising a pc for djing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast