source for dancehall music?

Default source for dancehall music?

since itunes sucks (128kb/s and DRM), i would like to have a recommendation for an online store that features the newest dancehall at a fair price and good quality. just like beatport but hopefully cheaper!

also "other sources" in good quality are welcome via privat message

thanks guys

only thing i know is mp3.soundquake.com
    but that's seriously not good enough - if you find any sites for dancehall let me know!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

there must be major sites for like mainstream music since alot of the dancehall tunes are played throughout the US in clubs. i mean you can even find alot of it on itunes, but the files you get really don't satisfy a dj's need.

you can take a look at beatsource, i wasn't completely satisfied the last time i checked the site, but it's the best i know for djing purpose...
    soundquake is really nice, they're giving away 320kbit files and they're quite cheap at 99cents, but they have a quite limited offer...

well i just saw that beatsource is down at the moment... i also remember them having quite some nice dancehall and reggae tunes, but beatsource is mostly about hiphop and stuff...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Tech Wizard

the truth is, there is no better legal dancehall shop than soundquake or junodownload.
    reason beeing that most of the jamaican producers are too slow or stupid to set up proper digital distribution deals. they basically send out everything for free through the big dancehall promo pools.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel79 View Post
    the truth is, there is no better legal dancehall shop than soundquake or junodownload.
    reason beeing that most of the jamaican producers are too slow or stupid to set up proper digital distribution deals. they basically send out everything for free through the big dancehall promo pools.
    how does such a promo pool work? example?

Tech Wizard

well basically you sign up to an email list and then get mails with download links like every other day.
    check your pm.

weasel - could you please send me that link too?