My setup needs an overhall - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[1200][X1][DDM4k][F1][1200]

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotakimble View Post
    jesus man, thats ridiculous haha. so badass though. which is ur favorite in general?
    if i'm at the studio, i have the full setup in my sig (not the DJM or CDJ's) when we do parties most times i would just use the one X1 beside a mixer (depending on room) plus the soundcard and i'm all good.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Yes, that is a lot of gear. I use it all depending on the gig. First, I prefer Serato to Traktor for bars/clubs unless it is a house music only set in that case I prefer Traktor with Maschine. Second, I am not a turntableist, I would love to learn to scratch better and practice when I can, but I will never be a real scratcher. I am a paid DJ and take all kinds of gigs. I have 2 regular nights at 2 different bars one doing mostly pop/top 40 remixes the other 80's music. Plus I do a lot of weddings. However, if I lived in a different area and could find regular gigs doing deep/tech house which I only get here about once or twice a month, I would do more of those gigs.

All that said, if I could only have one system it would be Serato with CDJ's using HID that actually works. The 400's work great. all the other pioneer CDJ have issues with Serato SSL currently. The Rane Sixty Two mixer is just about the perfect mixer (cue buttons aren't perfect but they are good enough). The DDJ-SX is a great portable solution for me when I do not need CDJ's.

I agree with you about jogs. I have the one setup with DB4/K2/X1/F1/Maschine and there are times when I wish I had jogs but unfortunately Traktor doesn't support CDJ850s in HID and I keep my 400's in a coffin case ready to go and don't like swapping things out all the time. (if 850s worked HID I would add them to my DB4 setup standard or is Serato gets their crap straightened out and I need to get 900s/2000s and HID worked perfect in both software I would get new CDJ's.

One last note. Even though I don't use my S4 much I think it is a beautiful piece of gear. Very nicely integrated with software functions and of course traktor does a lot of things very well (ie effects). My big complaints about the S4 are build quality, and being an internal midi controller only (no external mixing) and microphone quality (which is really just pure trash to me). I bring a separate mixer with quality preamp and keep an iPad with backup music whenever I take my S4 to a gig which is extra stuff to carry.

X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12